Staff Software Engineer- Data Platform
Inclusively is partnering with a voice, video, and text communication service company to hire a Staff Software Engineer- Data Platform. **Please note: this role is NOT an internal position with Inclusively but with the partner company.**
Inclusively is a digital tech platform that connects candidates with disabilities, who may benefit from workplace accommodations, to inclusive employers. This includes all disabilities under the ADA, including mental health conditions (e.g. anxiety, depression, PTSD), chronic illnesses (e.g. diabetes, Long COVID), and neurodivergence (e.g. autism, ADHD). Applicants with one or more of these conditions are encouraged to apply; Inclusively does not require applicants to disclose their specific disability.
The central Data Platform seeks to build a self-service tooling platform to make the petabytes of data easily accessible for everyone at the company. We build full-stack applications, tooling, and frameworks to improve the productivity of teams at our company, in particular our product, analytics, and machine learning teams. Our tooling covers the end-to-end lifecycle of data from acquisition to consumption. Reporting to the Engineering Manager of Data Products, you will work on strategy that is foundational to the company and product.
What you'll be doing
- Lead end-to-end development of data tooling and frameworks, using modern technologies such as BigQuery, Apache Beam, Airflow, Dagster, dbt, Kubernetes, and Rust.
- Ensure tight-knit collaboration with leadership, cross-functional stake-holders and senior engineers across the organization
- Collaborate with leadership and senior engineers across the team to define the technical vision and build on the technical roadmap for Data Platform.
- Work with Data Platform to ensure we have a platform with strong governance that respects our users' privacy throughout.
- Care deeply about business outcomes and constraints and keep them in mind as you solve hard, unbounded problems.
- Work with other Staff Engineers to make decisions for the organization and engineering function as a whole.
- Coach and mentor the next generation of technical leaders.
What you should have
- 7+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Empathy for both your internal and external users and seek feedback on your work.
- Ability to approach problems with first principles thinking, embrace ambiguity, and enjoy collaborative work on complex solutions.
- Experience defining architecture, tooling, and strategy for a large-scale data processing system.
- Proactive in staying up-to-date with industry trends and assessing new technologies to enhance problem solving capabilities.
- Experience working with very high-scale data infrastructure and tooling
- Experience with data products on Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, or Airflow
- Full-stack development or product engineering experience
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $214,000 to $233,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.