Risk Director, Tax
Inclusively is partnering with a financial services company to hire a Risk Director, Tax. **Please note: this role is NOT an internal position with Inclusively but with the partner company.**
Inclusively is a digital tech platform that connects candidates with disabilities, who may benefit from workplace accommodations, to inclusive employers. This includes all disabilities under the ADA, including mental health conditions (e.g. anxiety, depression, PTSD), chronic illnesses (e.g. diabetes, Long COVID), and neurodivergence (e.g. autism, ADHD). Applicants with one or more of these conditions are encouraged to apply; Inclusively does not require applicants to disclose their specific disability.
Within the Wealth and Advice Solutions organization, the WAS Business Unit Risk team is responsible for providing leadership and strategic support for governance, policy management, and regulatory initiatives to effectively manage risk as we deliver comprehensive wealth and advice services to both Retail and Advisor Services clients.
In this role, you will be focused largely on developing policy as it relates to our current and evolving Tax, Trust and Estates advisory offering, including consideration of offer structure, licensing requirements, and supervision. This is a strategic role, where you will provide subject matter expertise related to providing tax advice, guidance, and planning. As a core part of our Wealth Management service, you will play a meaningful role designing and implementing our tax advice strategy to meet the evolving needs of our clients while effectively managing risk.
What you have
- 7+ years in the Financial Services industry, with experience in supervisory, risk, control, or oversight functions preferred
- Deep understanding of legal and regulatory requirements related to the provision of tax education and advice
- Experience with formal document drafting, including policy, procedures, and plans of supervision
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills (negotiating, collaborating, influencing)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, time management, and organizational skills
- Comfort with ambiguity with an ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, dynamic environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing business conditions
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced, team environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize business needs
- CPA and/or JD preferred
Active and valid Series 7 & 63 are preferred