Data & AI Solutions Group Lead
Inclusively is partnering with a safety science company to hire a Data & AI Solutions Group Lead. **Please note: this role is NOT an internal position with Inclusively but with the partner company.**
Inclusively is a digital tech platform that connects candidates with disabilities, who may benefit from workplace accommodations, to inclusive employers. This includes all disabilities under the ADA, including mental health conditions (e.g. anxiety, depression, PTSD), chronic illnesses (e.g. diabetes, Long COVID), and neurodivergence (e.g. autism, ADHD). Applicants with one or more of these conditions are encouraged to apply; Inclusively does not require applicants to disclose their specific disability.
This role is REMOTE anywhere in the United States.
The Data and AI Solutions Group Lead is responsible for the supervision of one or more of the Data Engineering, Data Science and Machine Learning teams. Oversees project teams to define specifications for complex data and AI related processes and programs. Responsible for one or more workstreams and coordinating directly with stakeholders. Analyzes data and AI related software and hardware system needs, options, risks, costs and impact on enterprise business process and goals. Requires in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in all Data and AI Solutions disciplines and broad knowledge of other job disciplines within Digital.
- Supervise a team of data scientists, data engineers and/or machine learning engineers.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to gather and analyze workstream requirements.
- Create and manage product backlog for workstream representing stakeholder requirements.
- Assist in the clear definition of technical requirements to enable development and delivery.
- Collaborate with other group leads and management in assigning resources.
- Assist in breaking down work into development tasks and creating project plans.
- Manage the planning of sprints, tracking of work, and successful execution of projects.
- Ensure product quality through peer review, quality gate check, and comprehensive testing.
- Ensure project deliverable timelines are communicated and met.
- Manage the performance of direct reports by defining accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing feedback and guidance, and ensuring that all policies are understood and followed.
- Mentor, direct and train colleagues in data science best practices.
- Ensure responsible practices, data quality and integrity are adhered to.
- Interpret and analyze complex data problems.
- Actively participate in the conception, planning and prioritization of data projects.
- Align data projects with organizational goals.
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot cloud infrastructure.
- Manage automated continuous integration pipelines for applications.
- Manage end-to-end delivery of projects.
- Formulate, suggest, and manage data-driven projects which are geared at furthering the business's interests.
- Produce and disseminate non-technical reports that detail the successes and limitations of each project.
- Suggest ways in which insights obtained might be used to inform business strategies.
- Should contribute to the technology strategy within team and to the standards across the company
- Influence products across the company (including Enterprise IT)
- Support software architecture activities and understand new technology trends
- Involved in the architecture of environment configuration along with release management to ensure high availability and scalability
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science or any other related field of science, Masters preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages.
- Extensive experience using statistical computer languages to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience with a variety of machine learning techniques and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience with machine learning evaluation metrics and best practice.
- Strong Python coding skills and problem-solving, good analytical & communication skills.
- Experience with machine learning engineering end-to-end delivery process.
- Competent in machine learning design principles and techniques.
- Experience with data visualization tools and techniques
- Experience in large-scale software development, data design, transformation, and management
- Experience in business case analysis (problem identification, quantitative modeling and problem solving)
- Demonstrable history of devising and overseeing data-centered projects.
- Experience of leading a team in an Agile environment for applied research.
- Clear understanding of Agile principles, processes, and practices.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, influencing, collaboration and listening skills.
- Ability to articulate an idea with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent supervision and mentorship abilities
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Capability to foster a healthy, stimulating work environment that frequently harnesses teamwork.
Mission: For us, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 129 years and is deeply ingrained in everything we do.
People: Ask any of our employees what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at our company. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own company University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
Total Rewards: The salary range for this position is $100,000-$145,000 of the salary range and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
All employees at our company are eligible for annual bonus compensation. The target for this position is 20% of the base salary offered. Employees are eligible for health benefits such as medical, dental and vision; wellness benefits such as mental & financial health; and retirement savings (401K) commensurate with the standard rewards offered in each individual location or country, for the relevant position level.
We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation (15 days), holiday including floating holidays (12 days) and sick time off (72 hours).