Inclusively is partnering with a multinational communications, advertising, public relations, technology, and commerce holding company to hire a Senior Accountant. **Please note: this role is NOT an internal position with Inclusively but with the partner company.**
Inclusively is a digital tech platform that connects candidates with disabilities including mental health conditions (e.g. anxiety, depression, PTSD), chronic illnesses (e.g. diabetes, Long COVID), neurodivergence (e.g. autism, ADHD) and other disabilities under the ADA. Applicants with one or more of these conditions are encouraged to apply; Inclusively does not require applicants to disclose their specific disability.
Why we're hiring:
The Accounting & Finance, Lead is responsible for day-to-day finance operations of the SSC; leading accurate and timely financial reporting; maintaining a framework of robust and efficient control processes; and closely partnering with the SSC Managing Director to develop budgets and forecasts.
The successful candidate will be a reliable source of expertise with a helpful and calm approach to manage daily challenges and queries.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of the SSCs’ month-end P&L and balance sheet in accordance with IFRS and WPP reporting requirements
- Own the SSCs’ day-to-day transactional accounting processes
- Assist with internal and external Audits wherever needed
- Monitor actual performance against budgets and forecasts, providing summaries of variances
- Manage all elements of the SSC’s balance sheet with all accounts reconciled monthly
- Manage cost control within the SSC, identifying areas of potential cost reduction
- Ensure processes are effective and efficient, and all relevant requirements of WPP’s internal control framework and policy book are being met
- Produce KPI reports for local and international management
- Billing WPP operating companies for work performed by the SSC
- Work with the SSC Managing Director to prepare annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Manage local tax reporting requirements
- Manage, support and develop more junior members of the team to improve staff knowledge and experience
- Provide any ad-hoc reporting requested by local or international management
What you'll need:
- Part qualified accountant or equivalent (eg CPA, ACCA)
- Professionalism and pride in accuracy and on-time delivery
- Knowledge of IFRS reporting standards
- Ability to interpret, manipulate and present data in a logical manner
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize effectively
- Confidence in building relationships both internally and externally.
Who you are:
You’re open: We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are open-minded: to new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You’re optimistic: We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with confidence: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You’re extraordinary: we are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we deliver extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you:
Passionate, driven people – We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity – We offer the opportunity to create, influence and deliver projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work – Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?