Production Technical Specialist
Inclusively is partnering with a video accessibility services company to hire a Production Technical Specialist. **Please note: this role is NOT an internal position with Inclusively but with the partner company.**
Inclusively is a digital tech platform that connects candidates with disabilities including mental health conditions (e.g. anxiety, depression, PTSD), chronic illnesses (e.g. diabetes, Long COVID), neurodivergence (e.g. autism, ADHD) and other disabilities under the ADA. Applicants with one or more of these conditions are encouraged to apply; Inclusively does not require applicants to disclose their specific disability.
Production Technical Specialist
Does the opportunity to join one of the top media accessibility tech companies excite you? We are a quality focused, profitable tech company that directly impacts the lives of millions of people each day. Our mission is simple: make video accessible to everyone. If you have a passion for technical excellence, problem-solving, and ensuring smooth production processes, we want to hear from you!
About the Job
As a Production Technical Specialist, you will be responsible for manual and automated ingest and delivery of customers' content, direct support to end-users with software, workflow, and other support-related needs for recorded production teams. You will work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that we meet its technical quality commitments, and support the analysis, evaluation, and implementation of production technologies and defined workflows. The Production Technical Specialist position is an opportunity for a candidate to expand upon their current industry knowledge and grow within an industry-leading and forward-thinking organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversight of production application technologies essential to the delivery of recorded media accessibility services used for the creation of transcripts, audio descriptions, captions, subtitles, and audio/video deliverables.
- Manage processes related to production upload and downloads, as well as file movement through secure workflows.
- Partner with production staff to analyze existing technical workflows to identify areas for improvement.
- Identify and resolve technical issues that may arise during the production process.
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure production software and technical infrastructure supporting recorded workflows are appropriately maintained and developed.
- Act as a resource to internal teams to provide technical support to customers throughout sales and production cycles.
- Review customer technical specifications to ensure deliverables for caption, subtitle, video, and audio files meet compliance.
- Create technical deliverables as needed including but not limited to videos with closed captions, open subtitles, and descriptions.
- Provide direct support to end-users on production applications used to produce, manage, and deliver recorded production services.
- Maintain documentation of technical workflows, troubleshooting steps, and improvements implemented.
- Minimum 3 years work experience with media accessibility workflows and related application technologies.
- Preferred experience with software used in the production of captions, descriptions, subtitles, transcripts, and accessible media deliverables (EZTitles, Starfish, Adobe Premiere, Telestream Vantage, MacCaption, CaptionMaker, CCPlay FilePro).
- Exceptional communication and collaboration abilities. .
- A natural problem solver with a love for technology who can work in a fast-paced environment and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and self-starter mentality.
- Strong time management, decision-making skills, and exceptional attention-to-detail.
We have an awesome work environment! Our team is hard-working, laid-back, and fun. We prioritize the ability for our employees to do their work quickly and efficiently without getting stuck in office politics and wasteful meetings. The team is dedicated to building a successful company. The work we do is fun, interesting, and gratifying. Your work will have a direct impact on our company’s success.
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K matching program
- Paid vacation, birthday, volunteer days, and sick leave
- Disability and life insurance
- Charitable contribution matching program
- Transportation subsidy
- Company-sponsored social events
- Snacks and beverages provided