Client Accounting Associate
Inclusively is partnering with a multinational communications, advertising, public relations, technology, and commerce holding company to hire a Client Accounting Associate. **Please note: this role is NOT an internal position with Inclusively but with the partner company.**
Inclusively is a digital tech platform that connects candidates with disabilities including mental health conditions (e.g. anxiety, depression, PTSD), chronic illnesses (e.g. diabetes, Long COVID), neurodivergence (e.g. autism, ADHD) and other disabilities under the ADA. Applicants with one or more of these conditions are encouraged to apply; Inclusively does not require applicants to disclose their specific disability.
What you'll be doing:
In this position, the Client Accounting Associate will assume the following responsibilities:
- Project and subproject creation assigning budgets to the projects.
- Upload invoices to client portals. For example, COUPA, Ariba and Time Metrics.
- Review the inventory of client billable charges, supporting documentation and
- work with the Account Lead to determine the appropriate month's billing;
- Draft, edit and finalize invoices for clients, working closely with Account Leads
- Maintain trackers for overall accounts including amount billed, approved budgets, inter-company budget allocations and year to date fees and expenses.
- Match supporting documentation of expenses to draft invoices.
- Ensure that invoices are submitted in a timely manner and in accordance with the Client agreements.
- Ensure purchase orders are received for new projects or revised budgets.
- Assist in the collection process of past due accounts as needed.
- Assist Project Managers/Client leaders on client queries and requests.
- Reconcile final invoices and close jobs.
- Provide support to Client leaders on adhoc assignments.
- Assist with monthly close related to client portfolio, project journals and other duties including SOX compliance with revenue recognition.
- Reconcile work in progress for assigned clients.
- Monthly intercompany billing.
What you'll need:
Client Accounting Associate may have a BBA in Accounting, Finance or Business Management with at least two years’ work experience billing in the fields of public relations, law firms or other professional services and/or consulting businesses. In the absence of a college degree, additional years of experience will be considered for the right candidate.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with various project leads and other office finance departments on intercompany transactions.
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels.
- Familiarity with computerized billing/accounting systems.
- Strong Math/Analytical skills.
- Dependable with deadlines and flexible to work beyond standard working hours during “peak” periods.
- Must be flexible and team oriented.
- Proficiency in Excel (V-Lookup, Pivot Table etc.)
Who you are:
You're open: We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are accepting: of new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You're optimistic: We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with conviction: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You're extraordinary: We are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we provide extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you:
Passionate, inspired people – We promote a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity – We offer the opportunity to create, influence and complete projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work – Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?