People & HR
Remote · San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2023
Interested in defining how AI shapes the future of work? Cresta is on a mission to make every knowledge worker 100x as effective, 10x faster and 10x better. Cresta is focussed on using AI to help the workforce, not replace them. Cresta uses our patented Expertise AI to uncover expert insights from every conversation and put those insights into action with real-time coaching during customer conversations.
We’re growing fast! Spun out of the Stanford AI lab and chaired by Google-X founder Sebastian Thrun, Cresta launched in 2020. Since then, we’ve grown revenue and our team by 300%! We’ve assembled a world-class team of AI and ML experts, go-to-market leaders, and top-tier investors and advisors including Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, and former AT&T CEO John Donovan. Our valued customers include brands like Intuit, Porsche, Verizon and Mutual of Omaha and we have been recognized as a startup to watch by Business Insider, Forbes, and Gartner to name a few. We have huge ambitions and are looking for stellar candidates who have an entrepreneurial mindset and are excited to use cutting-edge AI to solve real-world business problems.
About the role:
The Director of People Operations leads the overall function of People Operations practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. Specifically this position oversees and directs all recruiting and staffing, benefits, compensation, employee relations, performance management, succession planning, compliance, organizational design, training and development, human resource information database systems, and payroll for the company. This position coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through People Operations staff; reports to the VP of Finance; and assists and advises company management about people related topics.
What you'll do
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching People issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing People objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Implements People Operations strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, hiring, onboarding, compensation, benefits, talent management, career development, performance management, safety and health, retention, succession planning, employee relations, and compliance.
- Manages People Operations team including recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, mentoring, and performance management; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops People financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances for budgeting; developing action plans and measuring results to anticipated incomes for People initiatives and programs.
- Accomplishes special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting execution; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Supports management by providing People advice, counsel, and decisions.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
What we're looking for
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and best practices, as well as recent changes and trends in employment practices
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to demonstrate and lead on values, initiatives, and culture of the organization
- Operational decision making that involves the appropriate individuals; development of appropriate plan of action from multi-disciplinary perspectives
- Ability to see the “big picture” without loss of attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and ensure the organization is spending time on what’s most important
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Labor Relations, or Business
- 5-7 years of progressive leadership experience in People Operations positions
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
- 7-10 years of human resource experience and/or specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational
- planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations
- Professional certification
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement
- Possess ongoing affiliations with leaders in successful companies and organizations that practice effective People Operations Management
If you want to make an impact with an amazing product, want to improve your tech skills by working with other exceptional engineers, and like to be part of an amazing international team, then you should join us. We pay an attractive salary and with the Cresta stock options, you can benefit from the company's growth.