Senior Software Engineer (Frontend)
Toronto, ON, Canada · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Are you interested in defining how AI shapes the future of work? Cresta is on a mission to make every knowledge worker 100x as effective, 10x faster, and 10x better. We apply AI to improve Call Center operations with our real-time agent assist product as well as our suite of post-call analytics and coaching.
We are a Silicon Valley company, spun out of the Stanford AI lab and are co-founded by Sebastian Thrun, who is the most successful German in Silicon Valley (co-founder and CEO of Google-X, Waymo, Udacity, Kitty Hawk, and more). Cresta launched in 2020. Since then, we’ve grown revenue and our team by 300%. We’ve assembled a world-class team of AI and ML experts, go-to-market leaders, top-tier investors, and advisors including Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, and former AT&T CEO John Donovan. Our valued customers include brands like Intuit, Porsche, and Verizon and we have been recognized as a startup to watch by Business Insider, Forbes, and Gartner to name a few.
About the GenVA's team:
On Cresta GenVA's team, there's opportunities to work on a product that leverages the latest LLM technologies to build virtual agents with. This includes: faster time to value and lower implementation effort, reduced barriers of entry for building, managing, and improving VAs. Have more flexible conversations and improved customer insights.
About your role:
As a Full-stack Engineer, with a Frontend focus, you’ll have a huge impact on our product and direction. You’ll be working with our product team to craft great user experiences around the magic our AI creates. The team is collaborative but highly autonomous working environment in which each member has a defined role with clear expectations, as well as the freedom to pursue individual projects.
What you'll do:
- Play a substantial role in shaping our front end culture
- Work with product manager to define and outline the product requirements
- Build the user interaction for a rule engine that powers real-time assistance for Contact Center Agents
- Have technical ownership of one or more of our products, with the autonomy and trust to make significant technical decisions
- Be a subject matter expert on our business logic, architecture, and the core tech in our stack (React, TypeScript)
- Work closely with Backend engineers to design, implement and deliver the feature and contribute to the backend systems when needed.
- Integrate with various tools for CI/CD, test automation, monitoring, logging and documentation
- Demonstrate best practices in your code, and uphold them in your code reviews
- Work closely with Customers to understand requirements and advise on technical trade-offs
- Use your voice to advocate for the culture (engineering or otherwise) that you think our company ought to have
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Comfortable defining and building robust APIs with a strong understanding for different protocols like Websockets, REST, RPC frameworks, etc.
- Experience with database schema design and an understanding of query performance that translates to performant, scalable, and reactive products.
- Understanding of the modern front-end ecosystem and experience applying frameworks/tools (React.js, Webpack, and Node.js) and patterns to complex, production web applications.
- Be comfortable with Cresta tech stack: Golang, Python, Typescript, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Temporal.
- Has experience with various tools for CI/CD, test automation, monitoring, logging and documentation
- Experienced writing their own tests (i.e. Unit testing)
If you want to make an impact with an amazing product, want to improve your tech skills by working with other exceptional engineers, and like to be part of an amazing international team, then you should join us. We pay an attractive salary and with the Cresta stock options, you can benefit from the company's growth.