Senior Software Engineer in Test (Berlin)
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2023
Are you interested in defining how AI shapes the future of work? Cresta is on a mission to make every knowledge worker 100x as effective, 10x faster, and 10x better. We apply AI to improve Call Center operations with our real-time agent assist product as well as our suite of post-call analytics and coaching.
We are a Silicon Valley company, spun out of the Stanford AI lab and are co-founded by Sebastian Thrun, who is the most successful German in Silicon Valley (co-founder and CEO of Google-X, Waymo, Udacity, Kitty Hawk, and more). Cresta launched in 2020. Since then, we’ve grown revenue and our team by 300%. We’ve assembled a world-class team of AI and ML experts, go-to-market leaders, top-tier investors, and advisors including Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, and former AT&T CEO John Donovan. Our valued customers include brands like Intuit, Porsche, and Verizon and we have been recognized as a startup to watch by Business Insider, Forbes, and Gartner to name a few.
We are seeking a diligent and detail-oriented Software Engineer in Test to join our engineering team in Germany / Berlin. This role will be instrumental in ensuring the robustness, scalability, and high quality of our software solutions, directly contributing to our commitment to driving efficiency and excellence in call center operations.
- Design, develop, and execute test plans and test cases.
- Clarify gaps in the product spec that are essential for testing. Offer solutions to close the gap.
- Automate mainstream test cases using our automation framework based on Playwright with TypeScript.
- Manually test new features or difficult cases and decide if these can be automated in a follow-up.
- Update and maintain quality testing standards and procedures.
- Planning, creating, and controlling the testing environments.
- Identify, analyze, and report test results, providing actionable insights.
- 1st level analysis of reported customer issues including reproduction, analysis of logs (e.g. from datadog), and correlation to recent product changes.
- Collaborate closely with the software development team for 2nd level analysis.
- Testing the product and contributing to decision-making for product releases.
- Work with cross-functional teams to promote quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of software QA experience in SaaS environments, preferably with a focus on call center or customer service applications.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing QA test plans and cases.
- Proficiency with automation testing tools and methodologies.
- Solid understanding of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Interest in the product and capability to test the product as our customers are using it - even if the features are not specified in full detail.
- Enough confidence to have your ideas challenged without feeling like you're being challenged
- Outstanding English communication skills, both written and verbal.
If you want to make an impact with an amazing product, want to improve your tech skills by working with other exceptional engineers, and like to be part of an amazing international team, then you should join us. We pay an attractive salary and with the Cresta stock options, you can benefit from the company's growth.