Voxie is the first conversational texting and automation platform that enables brands to personalize the text messaging experience for their customers at scale. We are building the future of communication by helping brands like Naked Wines, Verizon, Eargo, Edible Arrangements and Junk Brands, build meaningful relationships with their customers through conversation—SMS to start. Recently named a Top 10 most innovative technology company, and fresh off a $34 Million Series A, Voxie is backed by top tier VCs and uber-successful founders from companies like Salesloft, Pardot, Vonage, Callrail and Internet Security Systems.
To help take Voxie to the next level, we are seeking a Sr Engineer, who wants to be part of building the early team of a fast-growing company, influencing a world-class culture.
In this role, you will...
- Thrive in an Agile / Scrum environment, while actively participating in brainstorming sessions, contributing valuable insights to technology, algorithm, and product discussions, enriching team dynamics through proactive involvement in scoping, grooming, and daily standups.
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers in transforming their visions from Figma blueprints into sleek VueJS component-based user-facing applications.
- Redesign existing code to improve quality, meet new standards, and implement fresh features while improving existing features and patterns.
- Continue the standards of automated testing to provide reliable and efficient developer-experience and user-experience.
- Employ your deep knowledge of PHP, Vue.js, Python, and AWS ecosystem to boost our platform’s development, scalability, and maintenance.
- You’ll get to use Laravel on AWS Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, and a few others daily.
- Utilize and develop your expertise in distributed systems and the telecom/SMS industry to enhance and expand Voxie’s current operations.
- Work hand-in-hand across Voxie’s teams to solve complex software engineering tasks and handle new feature requests, contributing to an environment of innovation and growth while maintaining process and quality.
- Adhere to top-tier software quality standards by creating high-quality well-tested code and conducting comprehensive code reviews.
To find success, you should...
- Possess 5 years of seasoned experience in crafting modern software applications using PHP with a minimum of 3 years of exposure to frontend technologies as well. A comprehendible understand of Python with desire to grow is welcome.
- Have experience with Laravel, ES6, VueJS, and Typescript for your most recent 2-3 years.
- Hold experience in building test automations using tools like PHPUnit, Jest, pytest, and Github Actions.
- Bring significant experience and expertise in designing, debugging, and tuning applications for reliability and speed. Maintain a profound understanding of Serverless concepts and terms like eventual consistency, REST APIs, and cost/benefits of distributed processes, accompanied by experience in code review and providing suggestions to uphold codebase and platform ecosystem integrity.
- Demonstrate exceptional product sense, the ability to contemplate user experience aspects before delving into coding, and comfort towards contributing opinions and experience while asking the silly questions.
- Feel at ease working within a fast-paced, compact, yet high-performing teams, where professional growth is encouraged alongside self-care. Show competence in time management, effective communication, and collaboration in a fully remote team environment.
- Have solid experience using AWS Lambda, Serverless Framework, AWS RDS, AWS SQS, AWS SNS, and DynamoDB — or a desire to learn while being able to show knowledge and understanding.
- Have demonstrable experience in distributed systems and/or in the SMS or telecom industry.
- Ideally, carry experience with SMS/MMS, and related telecom technologies and partners such Twilio, Sinch, and Vonage.
- Have a record of driving complex projects to completion, either independently or as part of a whole.