Field Applications Engineer
Therma° is a leading energy industry player dedicated to providing innovative and sustainable solutions to meet the ever-growing demand for energy. Therma° focuses on shifting and reducing electricity usage for commercial establishments.
As Therma’s in-house Field Applications Engineer, you’ll be responsible for completing installations of hardware on HVAC/R equipment, assisting the team with R&D efforts to develop new solutions, vetting/training technicians nationwide to create a network, and troubleshooting issues as they arise to ensure customer success. This role will work closely with the Engineering, Product, and Business Innovation teams to coordinate efforts and execute plans.
- Based on the East Coast of the US
- 5+ years of experience as a full-time HVAC/R technician
- Experience installing a variety of controllers on HVAC/R equipment
- Ability to work with IoT devices and set up location-wide connectivity solutions (e.g. WiFi)
- Skills to train other technicians effectively to carry out standardized projects
- Flexible schedule that allows for ad hoc travel within the US
- Ability to develop creative solutions to solve complex problems in the field
- Strong organization and reporting skills to communicate updates to the team
- Intellectual curiosity to fuel R&D discussions with other departments
- HVAC-R certification is a plus
- 0.05% – 0.1% equity
- Compensation benefits for emergency work and travel requirements
Therma° is a technology startup that builds IoT-powered temperature monitoring and analytics, which prevent food, product, and energy waste, the major drivers of climate change. Deployed across industry leaders, including McDonalds, Burger King, Domino's, TGI Fridays, 7-Eleven and Wyndham Hotels, we partner with diverse organizations, from national restaurant brands to top supply chain businesses in food and healthcare, to increase profits while protecting our planet.
Founded by experienced entrepreneurs from Harvard, Columbia and UC Santa Barbara, we’re a mission-driven team passionate about food, climate and health. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and supported by experienced venture capitalists including D. E. Shaw, Deciens Capital, Sequoia Capital, Govtech Fund, Collaborative Fund, and Social Capital.
At Therma°, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.