Continuous Improvement Engineer
Stord’s mission is to make supply chains a competitive advantage with best-in-class port-to-porch logistics combined with the integrated technology that brands need to connect, orchestrate, and optimize their supply chains. We’ve pioneered Cloud Supply Chain, which combines all of the digital and physical elements of logistics that leading businesses need in a unified offering.
With Cloud Supply Chain, Stord is enabling companies to compete and grow with world-class logistics – including warehousing, freight and fulfillment – in a single, integrated platform that’s available exactly when and where they need it. Hundreds of B2B and B2C companies like Body Armor, Advanced AutoParts and Dollar General use Stord to make their supply chains perform with the speed, flexibility and ease of the cloud.
Our rapidly growing team is headquartered in the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant tech community and is led by former operators from Amazon, XPO, Ryder, Coyote, Convoy, and Manhattan Associates. Stord is backed by over $325M in funding from Kleiner Perkins, BOND, Founders Fund, D1 Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Susa Ventures, Lux Capital, Lineage Logistics, and Franklin Templeton Investments at a unicorn valuation of over $1.3 billion.
Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with Cloud Supply Chain.
Travel Requirements: 10% travel required to visit sites
About the Continuous Improvement Engineer Position:
Stord is looking for a Continuous Improvement Engineer to join the Network Planning team and sit out of our Las Vegas, NV location. This role will focus on the implementation of our new fulfillment center and contribute to the further expansion of STORD’s warehousing & fulfillment capabilities. This person will analyze inventory footprint and turns, propose layout designs, develop final building & design layout (CAD). They will also design and implement continuous improvement projects working with processes, people, and automation, including fulfillment robotics.
What You'll Do:
- Support the material flow and area planning for our warehouse operations, serving as the subject matter expert for our onsite Warehouse Management System and robotics.
- Conduct analyses to select warehousing technology for our sites throughout the US.
- Assist the procurement of various supply chain solutions including hardware, software & supporting technology.
- Support the implementation of material handling systems that enable capacity and productivity improvements.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement projects for our Las Vegas Fulfillment Center to reinforce the goal of Operational Excellence.
- Conduct Motion & Time Studies for the development of future engineered labor standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure quality management and regulatory compliance, including adherence to ISO:9001, GMP, and FDA guidelines, in all relevant aspects of operations.
- Plan processes and design warehouse layouts (AutoCAD, SketchUp)
- Support solutions design on large deals
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Operations, Business Administration, or a related STEM field.
- 1+ years of full-time experience in warehouse planning, material flow planning, or fulfillment/warehousing logistics consulting
- Experience in Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing efforts, warehousing and/or fulfillment/distribution centers.
- Experience with AutoCAD, SketchUp
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Working knowledge of ISO:9001, GMP, and FDA guidelines
- Strong numerical, analytical and conceptual skills; logical thinker
- High degree of accuracy; eye for detail; accountable
- Effective communication with business partners both local and remote; excellent communication skills; the ability to handle multiple competing priorities; and a strong customer focus
- Prior start-up experience
- Graduate-level degree in Engineering, Operations, Business Administration, or a related STEM field
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The Stord company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At Stord you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups: Women of Stord, JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion), Stord-Serves, & More
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Stord participates in E-verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.