Sr Site Reliability Engineer
Stord’s mission is to make supply chains a competitive advantage with best-in-class port-to-porch logistics combined with the integrated technology that brands need to connect, orchestrate, and optimize their supply chains. We’ve pioneered Cloud Supply Chain, which combines all of the digital and physical elements of logistics that leading businesses need in a unified offering.
With Cloud Supply Chain, Stord is enabling companies to compete and grow with world-class logistics – including warehousing, freight and fulfillment – in a single, integrated platform that’s available exactly when and where they need it. Hundreds of B2B and B2C companies like Body Armor, Advanced AutoParts and Dollar General use Stord to make their supply chains perform with the speed, flexibility and ease of the cloud.
Our rapidly growing team is headquartered in the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant tech community and is led by former operators from Amazon, XPO, Ryder, Coyote, Convoy, and Manhattan Associates. Stord is backed by over $325M in funding from Kleiner Perkins, BOND, Founders Fund, D1 Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Susa Ventures, Lux Capital, Lineage Logistics, and Franklin Templeton Investments at a unicorn valuation of over $1.3 billion.
Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with Cloud Supply Chain.
About the SRE Position:
Stord is looking for a mission-driven Senior SRE to be a driving force behind an exceptionally resilient, efficient, and secure infrastructure and platform. You will be looked upon to expertly deliver a catalog of high-quality, world-class products and services to our customers at scale. We aim to establish a dynamic operational environment that seamlessly integrates cutting-edge technologies, embraces automation, has a high degree of ownership and fosters a culture of continuous improvement.
The SRE team is committed to accelerating development, enabling continuous delivery, enhancing security and ensuring operational excellence. This role is integral to designing and implementing the infrastructure and developer tooling that will enable Stord to scale our systems and processes, enhance reliability and availability in an efficient manner.
SRE operates cross-functionally, collaborating with product management, software developers, data science and other operations teams. At Stord, each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process from ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement CI/CD pipelines that automate fast and safe delivery of software to our customers, enable experimentation, create fast feedback loops and developer self-service capabilities.
- Lead efforts in automating deployment, monitoring, and infrastructure management.
- Proactively identify and resolve performance bottlenecks, system failures, and security vulnerabilities.
- Minimize or eliminate degradations and failures related to fault tolerance, security, availability, and performance.
- Develop SLOs and SLIs to manage risk through continuous monitoring and measurement of system performance.
- Build, manage and deploy highly available, self-healing, customer facing production infrastructure and applications (microservice and event based architectures) using Docker, Kubernetes, Helm and Terraform.
- Leverage 12 Factor App methodology when building and deploying all our services and systems.
- Implement best practice infrastructure as code (IaC) principles for configuration management and deployment of infrastructure.
- Enhance operational efficiency by identifying repetitive tasks and developing automation to eliminate toil work.
- Implement robust metrics, monitoring and alerting for proactive issue identification and resolution.
- Participate in incident response, on-call rotation and post-incident reviews to ensure 24/7 availability of critical systems and to learn from failures and continuously improve system reliability.
- Implement and enforce security best practices for infrastructure and applications.
- Collaborate with security teams to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Empower others by sharing knowledge through documentation, training, and mentorship.
What You'll Need:
- Proven experience as a Senior DevOps Engineer or Senior Site Reliability Engineer.
- Strong expertise in cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Strong experience with CI/CD tools (Github Actions, GitLab CI, CircleCI) and version control systems (Git).
- Proficiency with infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g., Terraform, Ansible, Cloudformation).
- Hands-on experience with container orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of networking, security, and system engineering.
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (e.g., Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack).
- Strong scripting skills in languages such as Python, Shell or similar.
- Familiarity with security best practices and compliance requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Passion for building the highest-quality solutions for the long term that delight the customer (both internal and external customers).
- Automation first mindset.
- High degree of ownership and pride for work.
- Industry certifications - (AWS, GCP, Linux Foundation - CKA, CKS, CKAD)
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Previous startup experience
- Previous logistics or supply chain experience
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The Stord company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At Stord you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups: Women of Stord, JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion), Stord-Serves, & More
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Stord participates in E-verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.