Stord’s mission is to make supply chains a competitive advantage with best-in-class port-to-porch logistics combined with the integrated technology that brands need to connect, orchestrate, and optimize their supply chains. We’ve pioneered Cloud Supply Chain, which combines all of the digital and physical elements of logistics that leading businesses need in a unified offering.
With Cloud Supply Chain, Stord is enabling companies to compete and grow with world-class logistics – including warehousing, freight and fulfillment – in a single, integrated platform that’s available exactly when and where they need it. Hundreds of B2B and B2C companies like Body Armor, Advanced AutoParts and Dollar General use Stord to make their supply chains perform with the speed, flexibility and ease of the cloud.
Our rapidly growing team is headquartered in the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant tech community and is led by former operators from Amazon, XPO, Ryder, Coyote, Convoy, and Manhattan Associates. Stord is backed by over $325M in funding from Kleiner Perkins, BOND, Founders Fund, D1 Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Susa Ventures, Lux Capital, Lineage Logistics, and Franklin Templeton Investments at a unicorn valuation of over $1.3 billion.
Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Operations Manager:
Stord is looking for an Operations Manager with strong communication skills and experience as a leader of leaders. This person must be able to lead others through effective decision making and demonstrate a sense of responsibility in leading a team that supports the execution of all processes and procedures related to inventory accuracy, including performing warehouse bin accuracy and maintaining inventory shrink. They possess a strong ability to utilize Order Management System and various types of material handling equipment.
Our Ops Manager will lead the execution of all processes and procedures related to inventory accuracy, perform warehouse bin accuracy, maintain inventory shrink, and utilizes our Order Management System and various types of material handling equipment.
Must be flexible with the ability to work overtime as needed including evenings and weekends.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for day to day operations for the entire fulfillment center including inbound flow, put away, outbound, B2C and B2B, and returns.
- Lead and develop a team of Area Managers, operations leads and warehouse associates to deliver on daily goals.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining all operational KPIs in the four walls - warehouse location accuracy, dock to stock, outbound SLA, Order productivity, personnel productivity
- Responsible for budgeting and payroll (operational P&L)
- Responsible for scheduling and staffing to plan
- Responsible for ensuring operational success during new client launches
- Responsible for the development and coaching of all Area Managers, Leads and associates
- Partner with cross functional teams including industrial engineering, solutions engineering, customer quality, and implementations
- Work closely with support staff (HR, Safety, Customer Service, Other Ops Leaders) to drive results
- Address operational and personnel issues affecting functional area
- Perform additional duties as assigned
What You'll Need:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a high volume direct to consumer environment in a manager level role or higher
- Experience leading salaried teams of 5 salaried employees or more
- Experience leading teams of 60 non-exempt or more
- Experience running and leading a highly technical operation, including automation
- Experience working in a 200k sq ft facility or larger
- Experience leading or being a direct contributor in operational startups or change management projects
- Experience using Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) from a configuration and troubleshooting perspective
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to interact effectively with all levels of management and support teams.
- Able to transport up to 20 lbs.
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Able to effectively use relevant material handling equipment (i.e forklifts).
- Able to express ideas clearly and convey necessary information.
- Able to work in a Distribution center environment which includes exposure to work at varying heights; varying temperatures; moderate and consistent noise levels.
- Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain/Logistics, Business Administration, Operations Management, or related field
- Experience with process improvements (Lean Six Sigma and/or Kaizen)
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The Stord company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At Stord you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups: Women of Stord, JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion), Stord-Serves, & More
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Stord participates in E-verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.