Sales Development Representative (SaaS)
Stord’s mission is to make supply chains a competitive advantage with best-in-class port-to-porch logistics combined with the integrated technology that brands need to connect, orchestrate, and optimize their supply chains. We’ve pioneered Cloud Supply Chain, which combines all of the digital and physical elements of logistics that leading businesses need in a unified offering.
With Cloud Supply Chain, Stord is enabling companies to compete and grow with world-class logistics – including warehousing, freight and fulfillment – in a single, integrated platform that’s available exactly when and where they need it. Hundreds of B2B and B2C companies like Body Armor, Advanced AutoParts and Dollar General use Stord to make their supply chains perform with the speed, flexibility and ease of the cloud.
Our rapidly growing team is headquartered in the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant tech community and is led by former operators from Amazon, XPO, Ryder, Coyote, Convoy, and Manhattan Associates. Stord is backed by over $325M in funding from Kleiner Perkins, BOND, Founders Fund, D1 Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Susa Ventures, Lux Capital, Lineage Logistics, and Franklin Templeton Investments at a unicorn valuation of over $1.3 billion.
Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Sales Development Representative Position:
Since its inception, Stord has developed fulfillment services and technology in tandem. Our software portfolio is growing quickly and we need an SDR to help us generate and accelerate the software / SaaS pipeline for our software AEs.
As the initial SaaS-focused SDR at Stord, this person must be willing to learn and iterate with a bias toward action. If successful, this person will help us define outbound sales go-to-market motions and playbook, as well grow the team, with an opportunity to grow into a leadership role.
What You'll Do:
- Generate qualified leads and opportunities for OMS and WMS software
- Set up and obtain appointments for Software AEs through proactive activities, including: managing inbound (triage and qualification) and driving outbound lead generation activities in conjunction with AEs and marketing (cold calling, emailing, campaigns, etc.) to support sales goals and pipeline metrics
- Manage multiple outbound sequence campaigns in our sales engagement platform
- Record and document all activity in Salesforce.com
- Monitor the social web for opportunities and leads as well as participate in outbound social marketing initiatives
- Identify and qualify project needs, budget, timelines, business issues and obstacles for hand off to the appropriate sales individual
- Maintain high level of activity with the intent to qualify and create sales pipelines
What You'll Need:
- 1-2 years experience in sales and/or business development
- Willingness to hustle and be accountable
- Proven lead generation or sales quota attainment track record
- Proactive, independent thinker with high energy/positive attitude
- Capability and interest to learn the value and benefits of our supply chain software portfolio (OMS and WMS solutions), and skills to share that with prospective buyers
- Salesforce.com or similar CRM experience
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Desire to learn new skills and build a career in software sales
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt and execute new sales and qualification strategies
- Ability to create leads and opportunities from individual prospecting efforts
- Comfort with deep collaborative environment but with a self-starter, independent mentality
- Sales engagement platforms, Outreach/Groove experience
- Background/experience in SaaS or supply chain / logistics technology
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The Stord company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At Stord you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups: Women of Stord, JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion), Stord-Serves, & More
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Stord participates in E-verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.