Corporate Accounting Manager
Stord’s mission is to make supply chains a competitive advantage with best-in-class port-to-porch logistics combined with the integrated technology that brands need to connect, orchestrate, and optimize their supply chains. We’ve pioneered Cloud Supply Chain, which combines all of the digital and physical elements of logistics that leading businesses need in a unified offering.
With Cloud Supply Chain, Stord is enabling companies to compete and grow with world-class logistics – including warehousing, freight and fulfillment – in a single, integrated platform that’s available exactly when and where they need it. Hundreds of B2B and B2C companies like Body Armor, Advanced AutoParts and Dollar General use Stord to make their supply chains perform with the speed, flexibility and ease of the cloud.
Our rapidly growing team is headquartered in the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant tech community and is led by former operators from Amazon, XPO, Ryder, Coyote, Convoy, and Manhattan Associates. Stord is backed by over $325M in funding from Kleiner Perkins, BOND, Founders Fund, D1 Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Susa Ventures, Lux Capital, Lineage Logistics, and Franklin Templeton Investments at a unicorn valuation of over $1.3 billion.
Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Corporate Accounting Manager Position:
As a Corporate Accounting Manager, you will manage month-end close for your area of responsibility and other tasks to facilitate the financial reporting process. This individual will have the opportunity to be a leader on the Accounting Team. The ideal candidate would have previous experience in managing the close process for a small-to-mid-sized company, requiring strong attention to detail, problem solving skills, and an independent working style with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality in a fast paced environment. You will have an opportunity to join a growing Finance organization. This position reports to the Corporate Accounting Director, and will also work closely with other business leaders.
What You'll Do:
- Support the day to day financial operations and reporting obligations of the company.
- Review and record journal entries.
- Manage the month-end close process.
- Review monthly preparation of bank account reconciliations and general ledger account analyses and reconciliations.
- Prepare income statement and balance sheet period over period variance analysis.
- Cash management.
- Review month-end cash and other account reconciliations, roll-forwards and analyses.
- Support treasury and expense management activities such as preparing loan complian
- ce and covenant statements, Ramp card activities, processing payment batches and preparing account reconciliations.
- Assist in tax compliance and treasury activities.
- Support tax compliance by providing information and schedules to management.
- Work on stock-based compensation expenses.
- Assist in the annual audit by managing the gathering of supporting information,
- Assist with the annual financial statements and disclosure checklist.
- Preparation of audit schedules and answering questions for external auditors.
- Provide thoughtful leadership to include coaching, mentoring, career development and performance management.
- Partner with other departments to understand and support business processes, ensure proper accounting, and resolve reconciling differences.
- Document process flows and continually work to make corporate activities more efficient.
- Work on special projects and other ad hoc tasks; identify and analyze specific problem areas and make recommendations on accounting approaches or corrective actions as relevant.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7-10 Years in an Accounting or Audit role
- Experience managing others
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Suite,
- Experience with NetSuite is required
- Experience with Coupa is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated spirit with strong strategic skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Based in the Atlanta area or in the Eastern time zone.
- Public Accounting experience
- Active CPA License
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The Stord company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At Stord you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups: Women of Stord, JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion), Stord-Serves, & More
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Stord participates in E-verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.