Director of Parcel
Stord’s mission is to make supply chains a competitive advantage with best-in-class port-to-porch logistics combined with the integrated technology that brands need to connect, orchestrate, and optimize their supply chains. We’ve pioneered Cloud Supply Chain, which combines all of the digital and physical elements of logistics that leading businesses need in a unified offering.
With Cloud Supply Chain, Stord is enabling companies to compete and grow with world-class logistics – including warehousing, freight and fulfillment – in a single, integrated platform that’s available exactly when and where they need it. Hundreds of B2B and B2C companies like Body Armor, Advanced AutoParts and Dollar General use Stord to make their supply chains perform with the speed, flexibility and ease of the cloud.
Our rapidly growing team is headquartered in the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant tech community and is led by former operators from Amazon, XPO, Ryder, Coyote, Convoy, and Manhattan Associates. Stord is backed by over $325M in funding from Kleiner Perkins, BOND, Founders Fund, D1 Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Susa Ventures, Lux Capital, Lineage Logistics, and Franklin Templeton Investments at a unicorn valuation of over $1.3 billion.
Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Director of Parcel Position:
Are you ready to lead the charge in revolutionizing the way parcels are managed and delivered? Stord is seeking an exceptional individual to step into the spotlight as our Director of Parcel. At Stord, we're not just changing the way parcels are managed; we're reshaping the future of logistics. This role offers you the chance to be at the forefront of an industry transformation, with a passionate team and cutting-edge technology at your disposal. You'll have the autonomy and resources to make a real impact, ensuring that Stord remains a leader in the world of parcel services.
As the Director of Parcel, you'll be the visionary behind Stord's parcel services, and you'll dive deep into the technical solutions that drive our carrier selection, tracking, customer experience, parcel audit, and billing processes. You'll curate and oversee a diverse range of carrier and delivery solutions, ensuring that we're always on the cutting edge of industry best practices.
What You'll Do:
- Financial Stewardship: You'll be responsible for the development and performance of Stord's P&L goals for revenue, cost, and margin, ensuring we consistently meet or exceed our targets.
- Customer Service Excellence: Meet or exceed Stord's cross-functional service level commitments for on-time performance, click-to-delivery speed, and qualitative value in customer experience.
- Carrier Engagement: Engage and negotiate with parcel carriers to develop contracts, meet service level requirements, and deliver a leading customer experience through tracking and service features.
- Innovation: Develop new solutions with supply chain partners to drive down cost and inefficiencies, improve the speed of service, and create and improve revenue opportunities.
- Team Leadership: Lead a team of Managers and Analysts to develop and utilize parcel cost modeling for new opportunities, or to evaluate the potential impact of changes to rates, the distribution network, speed of delivery requirements, and more.
- Technical Expertise: Oversee Stord's technical solutions for parcel transportation, leading the team in the development of a leading solution for carrier service optimization, solution reliability, efficiency, and customer-facing features, including tracking and post-purchase experience.
- Pricing and Billing: Lead customer pricing and billing, aligning with Account Management and Sales to identify margin opportunities or concerns while driving solutions to charge customers accurately and expediently.
- Audit and Compliance: Develop, implement, and oversee audit practices across the parcel network, managing compliance with proper carrier usage and owning billing audit and resolution with Finance and Stord's partners.
- New Product Solutions: Develop new solutions in Returns, Tracking, Post-Purchase Engagement, and scale to cost and service opportunities in sortation and zone skipping services.
- Sales and Growth: Represent Stord in Sales engagements and presentations on the Stord Parcel product.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in supply chain, business or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in transportation and supply chain in a corporate environment, managing multiple DIstribution Center shipping nodes
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience leading parcel transportation in a corporate environment, overseeing an annual package count of at least 20 million
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience leading transportation as a carrier, 3PL, or other revenue-bearing and customer-facing enterprise
- Exposure and ownership of transportation systems including Transportation Management Systems for parcel optimization, and parcel billing audit solutions
- Strong analytical capabilities and talent for telling stories with data
- Ownership mentality and ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence key stakeholders to support proposed strategies, process improvements and operational decisions
- Resourcefulness and ability to devise creative solutions to problems
- Familiarity with industry technology systems to gather data and problem solve
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written skills
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The Stord company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At Stord you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups: Women of Stord, JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion), Stord-Serves, & More
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Stord participates in E-verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.