Stord’s mission is to make supply chains a competitive advantage with best-in-class port-to-porch logistics combined with the integrated technology that brands need to connect, orchestrate, and optimize their supply chains. We’ve pioneered Cloud Supply Chain, which combines all of the digital and physical elements of logistics that leading businesses need in a unified offering.
With Cloud Supply Chain, Stord is enabling companies to compete and grow with world-class logistics – including warehousing, freight and fulfillment – in a single, integrated platform that’s available exactly when and where they need it. Hundreds of B2B and B2C companies like Body Armor, Advanced AutoParts and Dollar General use Stord to make their supply chains perform with the speed, flexibility and ease of the cloud.
Our rapidly growing team is headquartered in the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant tech community and is led by former operators from Amazon, XPO, Ryder, Coyote, Convoy, and Manhattan Associates. Stord is backed by over $325M in funding from Kleiner Perkins, BOND, Founders Fund, D1 Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Susa Ventures, Lux Capital, Lineage Logistics, and Franklin Templeton Investments at a unicorn valuation of over $1.3 billion.
Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Transportation Coordinator Position:
Atlanta (Zip Code: 30349)
Shift: Monday – Friday 1st Shift
As the primary local interface with Stord’s Parcel, LTL, and Truckload carriers, the Transportation Coordinator facilitates an accurate, efficient, and cost-effective pickup of Stord shipments, communicating with carriers and using Stord and carrier systems to meet on-time departure and arrival of all shipments. A successful candidate will have an eye for detail and a strong sense of ownership of the Parcel business in our Fulfillment Centers, leading the audit of our carrier selection, and identifying issues and opportunities with accuracy, cost, and compliance.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as the on-site liaison between Stord Transportation and Warehouse Operations
- In consultation with FC Operations, project daily package volumes and coordinate carrier capacity to handle them
- Oversee the accuracy and timeliness of loading gaylords and packages aboard carrier trailers, including development of processes to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Utilize reporting and tools to identify and address delays, errors, or areas of concern with the sortation and tracking for parcels from the FC
- Review results of Parcel carrier selection, and sortation to carriers, addressing anomalies or shipping errors as observed
- Utilize online tools to communicate shipping forecasts to Parcel carriers, and meet with local carrier contacts for the timely and accurate pickup and sortation of all Parcel freight
- Conduct training, develop operating procedures, and communicate successes and opportunities with the process for carrier selection, labeling, compliance, and accuracy of the transportation operation
- Provide guidance on the layout and dock plan, provide input for the configuration of the sorter, identifying sorter spurs, staging areas, and doors for the day’s carriers.
FTL/ LTL Transportation
- Perform onsite adjustments to LTL plans, updating shipment characteristics as they are staged and creating or communicating changes to plans to appropriate parties
- Manage LTL and FTL pickup appointments in OpenDock and proactively acquire ETAs with customers and carriers to avoid dock congestion
- Coordinate the Inbound delivery appointment schedule, aligning with Warehouse Operations to prioritize and expedite incoming deliveries, and synchronize supply to labor availability.
- Take action and speak to associates when proper safety, quality, and productivity procedures are not being followed.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, business or related field
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in a warehouse transportation environment
- Knowledge of Parcel transportation in a warehouse environment, including compliance and requirements of carriers
- Strong analytical capabilities and talent for telling stories with data
- Ownership mentality and ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence key stakeholders to support proposed strategies, process improvements and operational decisions
- Resourcefulness and ability to devise creative solutions to problems
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Familiarity with industry technology systems to gather data and problem solve
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written skills
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The Stord company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At Stord you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups: Women of Stord, JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion), Stord-Serves, & More
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Stord participates in E-verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.