Accounts Receivable Lead
Stord’s mission is to make supply chains a competitive advantage with best-in-class port-to-porch logistics combined with the integrated technology that brands need to connect, orchestrate, and optimize their supply chains. We’ve pioneered Cloud Supply Chain, which combines all of the digital and physical elements of logistics that leading businesses need in a unified offering.
With Cloud Supply Chain, Stord is enabling companies to compete and grow with world-class logistics – including warehousing, freight and fulfillment – in a single, integrated platform that’s available exactly when and where they need it. Hundreds of B2B and B2C companies like Body Armor, Advanced AutoParts and Dollar General use Stord to make their supply chains perform with the speed, flexibility and ease of the cloud.
Our rapidly growing team is headquartered in the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant tech community and is led by former operators from Amazon, XPO, Ryder, Coyote, Convoy, and Manhattan Associates. Stord is backed by over $325M in funding from Kleiner Perkins, BOND, Founders Fund, D1 Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Susa Ventures, Lux Capital, Lineage Logistics, and Franklin Templeton Investments at a unicorn valuation of over $1.3 billion.
Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Accounts Receivable Lead Position:
This position will lead the accounts receivable function including credit reviews, collections, recommend best practices and procedures, develop and report KPIs, manage month-end close related tasks and other projects. The Accounts Receivable Lead will work closely with other accounting, finance and business teams and have regular interaction with key members of Stord's leadership team. An independent working style with an ability to work in a dynamic environment is a crucial necessity for success in this position.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, develop and manage the accounts receivable function
- Document and update procedures for the accounts receivable process as well as implement best practices
- Build relationships with the key customer contacts
- Perform credit checks and financial analysis on new or proposed customer in accordance with the company's credit and collections policy
- Pursue all past-due balances. Document contact made with the customer, record disputes and expected date of payment
- Ensure daily and monthly collection targets are met. Set and monitor collection targets and other performance metrics for other staff members
- Ensure collections are appropriately applied to invoices. Follow up with the customer for resolution for on-account payments
- Provide daily KPIs to senior management providing immediate visibility to senior management on critical issues
- Facilitate meetings with Sales, Account Management, Operations and Finance leaders to provide collection status and dispute resolution
- Support external audit requests.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related studies
- 10+ years of experience in accounts receivable, with at least 4 years in a lead role
- Experience with Zendesk and Netsuite strongly preferred
- Experience in supply chain, freight or logistics industries preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong excel Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Self-motivated spirit with strong strategic skills
- Analytical with attention to detail
- Time management skills
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The Stord company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At Stord you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups: Women of Stord, JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion), Stord-Serves, & More
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Stord participates in E-verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.