Financial Data Analyst
Stord’s mission is to make supply chains a competitive advantage with best-in-class port-to-porch logistics combined with the integrated technology that brands need to connect, orchestrate, and optimize their supply chains. We’ve pioneered Cloud Supply Chain, which combines all of the digital and physical elements of logistics that leading businesses need in a unified offering.
With Cloud Supply Chain, Stord is enabling companies to compete and grow with world-class logistics – including warehousing, freight and fulfillment – in a single, integrated platform that’s available exactly when and where they need it. Hundreds of B2B and B2C companies like Body Armor, Advanced AutoParts and Dollar General use Stord to make their supply chains perform with the speed, flexibility and ease of the cloud.
Our rapidly growing team is headquartered in the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant tech community and is led by former operators from Amazon, XPO, Ryder, Coyote, Convoy, and Manhattan Associates. Stord is backed by over $325M in funding from Kleiner Perkins, BOND, Founders Fund, D1 Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Susa Ventures, Lux Capital, Lineage Logistics, and Franklin Templeton Investments at a unicorn valuation of over $1.3 billion.
Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Senior Financial Analyst Position:
Stord is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to help drive greater data, analytics intelligence and reporting for use in assisting internal stakeholders in making informed business decisions. You will use statistical analysis, simulations, predictive and historical modeling, and other methods to analyze information and develop practical solutions to business problems.
Primary work will involve pulling together various data sources and elements to create reporting and forward-looking models to support Finance and business partners across Stord. You will leverage analytic tools such as Domo along with collaborating with Stord’s technology and operations partners to develop business insights through aligning financial and operational data.
This position will report to the Head of FP&A and work cross-functionally across FP&A, Accounting, and Operations teams. The ideal candidate will have a background in finance, strong experience in data analytics and BI, with the ability to synthesize financial and operational data into actionable insights.
What You'll Do:
- Manage analytical projects from start through completion, conducting intake interviews, assessment of data, solution design, analysis, and presentation of results
- Define, transform and structure data from internal and external platforms, designing data for efficiency, stability, and reliability
- Develop operational reports, forecasts, and dashboards for various business units
- Collect, analyze, and publish data for KPI reporting; create data visualizations and reports
- Identify internal and external trends and patterns in financial and operational data
- Demonstrate a desire and commitment for continuous improvement, maintain effective and timely communication between FP&A team members and internal business partners to guarantee coordination of efforts.
- Review and analyze activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress toward goals and strategic objectives.
- Ability to work autonomously and get creative in problem solving
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial data
- Ability to quickly turn around analysis requests and provide status updates on key projects
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Information Systems or Engineering
- 2-4 years of experience leveraging databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform business decisions
- Programs: Fluent in SQL, and Python/R.
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools (Domo, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Ability to compile and analyze large data quantities
- Ability to create executive-level dashboards and presentations
- Experience with cloud development platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with FP&A systems such as Essbase, Adaptive Insights, Anaplan, NetSuite, etc.
- Located in Atlanta, GA or in the Eastern Time Zone (Highly preferred, not required)
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The Stord company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At Stord you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups: Women of Stord, JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion), Stord-Serves, & More
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Stord participates in E-verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.