Staff Software Engineer (Remote)
Stord’s mission is to make supply chains a competitive advantage with best-in-class port-to-porch logistics combined with the integrated technology that brands need to connect, orchestrate, and optimize their supply chains. We’ve pioneered Cloud Supply Chain, which combines all of the digital and physical elements of logistics that leading businesses need in a unified offering.
With Cloud Supply Chain, Stord is enabling companies to compete and grow with world-class logistics – including warehousing, freight and fulfillment – in a single, integrated platform that’s available exactly when and where they need it. Hundreds of B2B and B2C companies like Body Armor, Advanced AutoParts and Dollar General use Stord to make their supply chains perform with the speed, flexibility and ease of the cloud.
Our rapidly growing team is headquartered in the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant tech community and is led by former operators from Amazon, XPO, Ryder, Coyote, Convoy, and Manhattan Associates. Stord is backed by over $325M in funding from Kleiner Perkins, BOND, Founders Fund, D1 Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Susa Ventures, Lux Capital, Lineage Logistics, and Franklin Templeton Investments at a unicorn valuation of over $1.3 billion.
Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Staff Software Engineer Position:
We are looking for a highly skilled Staff level Engineer with 10+ years of experience to join our team at Stord. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, excellent leadership and communication skills, and a passion for mentoring and guiding the development of other engineers. As a Staff Engineer, you will work closely with the Engineering Manager (EM), Product Manager (PM), and Designer to shape the team's roadmap, ensure the development of high-quality software, and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
Stord Engineers work within a team to contribute, improve, and scale our software; you'll fully own entire features and influence the specs, build-out/modify the back-end (Elixir) and interact with the front-end (React), and own ongoing improvements for a product rapidly impacting the entire third-party logistics (3PL) industry. Each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process, from ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations.
What You'll Do:
- Own the software as you create, test, iterate, and deliver new features to the Stord platform
- Work across the company to understand customer and vendor pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch daily
- Be surrounded by smart, driven individuals who are passionate about doing their best work every day
- Solve a wide variety of technical challenges as well as supply chain challenges that have yet to be solved
- Ensure that information security (IS) commitments and requirements are incorporated into the information technology processes, and that managers are enforcing IS policies and procedures in their departments.
What You'll Need:
- Strong knowledge of software development best practices, including testing, security, and scalability.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to mentor and guide the professional development of junior and senior team members.
- Ability to define Service Level Objectives (SLOs) for the team's services, and ensure services meet or exceed SLO targets.
- Flexibility to move quickly with a startup
- Experience with functional programming (Elixir preferred but not a requirement)
- Experience with event based architecture and working in largely scaled distribution systems
- Appreciation of a test-driven and code-review culture
- Experience turning wireframes into production-level features
- The ability to write clean, reliable, and highly maintainable code
- Startup experience
- Logistics or supply chain experience
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The Stord company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At Stord you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups: Women of Stord, JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion), Stord-Serves, & More
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Stord participates in E-verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Something looks off?