Corporate Accounting Manager (Remote)
Stord’s mission is to make supply chains a competitive advantage with best-in-class port-to-porch logistics combined with the integrated technology that brands need to connect, orchestrate, and optimize their supply chains. We’ve pioneered Cloud Supply Chain, which combines all of the digital and physical elements of logistics that leading businesses need in a unified offering.
With Cloud Supply Chain, Stord is enabling companies to compete and grow with world-class logistics – including warehousing, freight and fulfillment – in a single, integrated platform that’s available exactly when and where they need it. Hundreds of B2B and B2C companies like Body Armor, Advanced AutoParts and Dollar General use Stord to make their supply chains perform with the speed, flexibility and ease of the cloud.
Our rapidly growing team is headquartered in the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant tech community and is led by former operators from Amazon, XPO, Ryder, Coyote, Convoy, and Manhattan Associates. Stord is backed by over $325M in funding from Kleiner Perkins, BOND, Founders Fund, D1 Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Susa Ventures, Lux Capital, Lineage Logistics, and Franklin Templeton Investments at a unicorn valuation of over $1.3 billion.
Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Corporate Accounting Manager Position:
This position will take the lead on the expense side of the P&L. This person will own the accounting for expenses and spend across all parts of the business, including company credit cards, expense reports, recurring monthly subscription expenses, and related contracts and renewals. The ideal candidate would have previous experience in accounting for small or mid-sized companies focused on financial analysis. An independent working style with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality is a crucial necessity for success in this position
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with our leadership team to evaluate our contracts, subscriptions, and renewal periods to find expense optimization opportunities
- Assist in the identification, analysis, and tracking of cost reduction projects
- Interface directly with vendors to understand our spending patterns and opportunities to optimize
- Gather data and work with the financial analyst to prepare reports for leadership that accurately and succinctly summarize our spend by department, cost center, and business line
- Analyze and proactively manage P&L accounts to note and resolve large variances from month to month, or variances versus our financial operating plan
- Manage and audit usage of corporate credit cards and company expense reports
- Record and manage corporate expenses
- Including making sure we put a process in place for documentation
- Review and analyze for cost saving efforts
- Manage credit card and expense policy.
- Working with Director of Accounting to ensure we have policies in place for each newly hired employee
- Research accounting topics including but not limited to Revenue and Lease Standards
- Be an integral component of the close process
- Prepare financial statements
- Propose and implement policies to ensure controls are in place for growth
What You'll Need:
- 5+ Years in an Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related studies
- Experience with Netsuite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Self-motivated spirit with strong strategic skills
- Experience handling confidential information and matters with discretion
- Public Accounting experience
- CPA certification
- Experience with Coupa and Essbase
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The Stord company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At Stord you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups: Women of Stord, JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion), Stord-Serves, & More
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Stord participates in E-verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Something looks off?