Skyryse is developing the world's first universal flight deck and operating system. Skyryse unlocks safer, more capable, and easier to fly aircraft (eVTOLs, helicopters, fixed-wings, etc.). Our mission at Skyryse is to make air transportation as safe as the elevator and as accessible as the car.
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER, INTEGRATION
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, Integration you will design and produce hardware solutions for our rapidly expanding portfolio of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms. This includes designing, prototyping, and testing manufacture ready instances of actuator brackets, electronics enclosures, sensor mounts, and more. The role involves collaboration with LRU engineers, aircraft mechanics, external partners and Designated Engineering Representatives to determine how best to integrate designs into OEM airframes. You will be hands-on with each fixed wing and/or rotorcraft model you design, working to bring our vision to life.
- Design, prototype and test brackets, assemblies and mounting configurations for our hardware
- Develop both prototype level and production level drawing packages for machining onsite or through partners
- Perform tolerance stackups, hand stress and kinematic calculations, FEA, and CAD to ensure all hardware meets or exceeds product needs
- Complete analysis on your designs and report results to engineering team for review
- Prepare and present PDR and CDR to progress your designs quickly through the engineering design process
- Proactively interface and engage with cross functional teams as required
- Engineer structures and fixtures that comply with FAA certification standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 3+ years of professional working experience
- Experience in designing, releasing and supporting production ready mechanical assemblies
- Experience with CAD and FEA software packages (can be in a professional, academic, entrepreneurial, or hobby setting).
- Experience with conventional machining processes and design for manufacturing
- Experience with aerospace hardware design, electromechanical design
- 7+ years of professional working experience
- Hands-on hardware experience performing fabrication, assembly and/or testing (can be in a professional, academic, entrepreneurial, or hobby setting).
- Strong understanding of engineering first principles.
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Salary Range: $120,000 - $175,000
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Full-time employees are eligible for 20 days of paid time off (PTO) and 5 sick days annually. PTO and sick days must be used in accordance with Company policy.
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
This position is subject to compliance with U.S. export control requirements including EAR and ITAR.