Sensors Integration Engineer
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by FlightOS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
SENSORS INTEGRATION ENGINEER - VENTURA COUNTY, CA
As an early-career to mid-level Sensors Engineer at Skyryse you will develop, test, install and integrate a wide variety of sensors on the aircraft. This is a full-time onsite opportunity based out of our Flight Test facility.
- Support the development of test campaigns using rapid prototyping equipment such as dSpace, Speedgoat, LabView, or similar
- Work within MATLAB / SIMULINK to model various sensors including IMUs, Altimeters, and more
- Support integration procedures as defined by a vendor or stakeholder
- Troubleshoot common communication protocols including RS-232, CAN, UDP, etc.
- Troubleshoot common hardware integration issues
- Attend internal program, customer and/or supplier technical exchange meetings and/or formal program milestone reviews to provide and/or obtain progress status updates
- Assist with electrical design and/or software implementation for sensor-related technology development/integration
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other related disciplines.
- 2+ years of professional working experience
- Familiarity with dSpace, SpeedGoat, LabView Equipment or equivalent
- Familiarity with MATLAB and SIMULINK or equivalent
- Master of Science Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other related disciplines
- Product Launch/ Full Lifecycle experience
- Prior start up working experience
- 5+ years of professional working experience
- Familiarity with DO-178C, DO-254, DO-331, and other FAA compliance requirements
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Salary Range: $100,000 - $160,000 depending on experience
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Full-time employees are eligible for 20 days of paid time off (PTO) and 5 sick days annually. PTO and sick days must be used in accordance with Company policy.
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.