Senior Electrical Engineer
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - EL SEGUNDO, CA
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, Flight OS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will provide critical design requirements, drawings and analysis for one of the most advanced flight control systems in the world. Working alongside some of the industries most talented professionals you will contribute to changing the way the world moves.
- Develop, test, and implement electrical systems for FlightOS
- Design avionics hardware that complies with DO-160, DO-254 and other industry standards
- Provide hands on support and troubleshooting of flight critical electronics within our systems integration lab
- Work cross functionally with other technical teams and systems engineers to ensure our system meets and exceeds customer requirements
- Develop Test Plans and Procedures
- Design Test Fixtures
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years aerospace-related engineering experience
- Experience with Digital, Analog and power electronics product design with focus on Digital electronics.
- Schematic Capture and PCB layout experience Altium Designer or similar.
- Experience with documentation control systems, either manual (excel) or PLM, ERP, etc.
- Knowledge of product design lifecycle, including interfacing with contract manufacturers, dealing with component obsolescence, etc.
- Experience with multi-bus connectivity and interfacing including backplanes, ARINC 420, RS422, CAN, I2C, SPI, etc.
- Experience with BLDC motor control systems design experience a plus
- Experience with power supplies, definition and design, with a focus on reliability and ruggedness a plus
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.