Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by FlightOS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER - VENTURA COUNTY, CA
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join our aviation team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and documenting the FlightOS build process, and contributing to various other critical tasks to ensure the efficient and seamless manufacturing processes within our aviation facility.
- Develop manufacturing work instructions for product builds and installation, efficiently documenting and improving the build process
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues arising during the build process in partnership with the A&P team
- Document and update Bills of Materials and Drawings as needed
- Review supplier and internal drawings for manufacturability and ease of installation.
- Track and control inventory used during the build process
- Design assembly fixturing, tooling and equipment to scale up manufacturing
- Develop and implement effective inventory control strategies to optimize stock levels, minimize waste, and ensure the availability of essential components and materials
- Analyze and cost-justify various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods
- Manage projects and execute to tight timelines while effectively communicating to stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years working within a manufacturing environment in the Aerospace industry
- Proficiency in CAD/CAM software,, and advanced manufacturing technologies
- Strong understanding of aviation regulations, quality standards, and safety protocols
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field
- 6+ years working within a manufacturing environment in the Aerospace industry
- Experience with aerospace materials, composites, and specialized coatings used in aviation applications
- Previous experience working with aviation OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) or MROs (Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul) facilities
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.