Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Accounting & Finance
Westport, CT, USA
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) lead is responsible for facilitating corporate-level decision-making at Pryon, guiding company-wide financial planning and scaling new and existing financial processes. You will maintain the company’s operating model, provide forward-looking analysis across the organization to support business outcomes, and analyze capital allocation decisions. This role will report to the COO and join a tight-knit team that is an integral part of the organization. This group is a trusted advisor to leadership to plan and project for the future but be nimble when it comes to changing conditions.
In This Role, You Will:
- Manage complex models within the company’s financial model, including forecasting, budgeting, and long-range planning
- Assist in financial planning processes as the key FP&A partner to our COO and team leaders
- Partner with business stakeholders in strategic analysis, including developing business cases, benchmarks, pricing, and other data-driven analyses
- Lead our corporate financial reporting processes and partner with departments to improve and standardize our processes
- Prepare materials for senior leadership, investor relations, and our Board to help bring an understanding of performance to all partners
- Maintain weekly, monthly, and YTD analyses and numerical outcomes versus plans and department goals
- Prepare Monthly Operating Reviews for COO and key department leaders for review, progress, and solutions on department optimization vs goals, budgets, headcount, and key performance indicators
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
- Industry experience with budgeting/planning, financial modeling, and decision analytics (e.g. FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, private equity).
- Experience serving as an FP&A business partner to cross-functional and senior business partners.
- SAAS fundamentals and modeling, best practice KPIs for optimized reporting and analytics
- Driven self-starter who enjoys rolling up your sleeves and building complex financial models in Excel or similar tools
- A knack for taking raw data, analyzing, probing into operations and departments, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations
- Ability to wear multiple hats -- act as a financial model guru, internal consultant, and business strategist
- Strengths in working across disciplines to present and instantly build rapport with stakeholders
- Undergraduate degree in finance/economics /accounting/ mathematics preferred
- Experience in working with top FPA tools and financial platforms
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.