Senior Machine Learning Operations Engineer
Software Engineering, Operations
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
Pryon is seeking a Senior Machine Learning Operations Engineer to join our AI Engineering team. In this role, you'll be working with a world-class team of engineering & research leaders and colleagues to optimize and improve our technology.
In This Role, You Will
- Develop robust and scalable tools and services for our end-to-end ML workflows — from data annotations and model building to model deployment.
- Develop processes and tooling for monitoring ML models in production and iteratively improving their performance and robustness.
- Work closely with ML scientists and engineers to help develop best-practices, and scalable processes for model development and deployment.
- Evaluate open-source and third-party solutions against Pryon internal needs, help select appropriate solutions and drive their adoption across multiple teams.
What You'll Need to Be Successful
- Strong foundation in Computer Science with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- 5+ years of industry experience. Technical leadership experience a plus.
- Masters or higher degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, or related field. Or Bachelors degree with relevant work experience.
- Experience with end-to-end lifecycle of ML products — data annotation, prototyping, model refinement, deployment, monitoring.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Experience with workflow orchestrators like Airflow, Flyte, Metaflow, etc.
- Experience with frameworks like Spark, Ray, etc.
- Experience with common deep-learning frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, Jax.
- Experience with cloud based development environments such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Problem solving skills. Hands on, get stuff done attitude.
- Team player with ability to work in a close knit, fast paced startup environment.
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.