Head of Sales, Midwestern US
Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
Pryon seeks a world-class sales leader skilled at building diverse, high-performing teams focusing on culture and customer success to develop and run our hyper-growth western US Business. You will have a passion for hiring and developing great sales teams and nurturing valued customer relationships to build our Go-To-Market western US business, operating as the geography sales leader for this market.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with the Product, Marketing, Leadership and Operations teams. You will be challenged to drive growth, build a diverse and inclusive high-performance sales organization, and develop a highly productive partner network to deliver customer success and a hyper-growth business for Pryon.
As part of the Sales leadership team at Pryon, you will have ownership of all sales aspects of the Midwestern Region and Key Industries. We need an entrepreneurial leader who is ready for their next big step. If you are an individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are developing and executing deal strategies, leading and mentoring a team and collaborating cross-functionally with every area of the organization, then this is the ideal opportunity for you.
In Your First 3 Months, You Will
- Continue to build a world-class organization through diligent recruiting activities, hiring, training, optimizing, and managing a growing team of Account Executives
- Learn fast with a focus on your enablement through our high-touch executive onboarding program and best-in-class enablement program while embedding a culture of enablement, showcasing development through your own learning.
- Lead the sales team, including personally driving enterprise sales deals, to contribute significantly towards Pryon western US targets. You will be a practitioner, not just an orchestrator, and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and leading from the front in customer engagements.
- Define activity and KPIs for the team, inspect, measure, and report to the team and management
- Work closely with our Alliances & Channels team to develop and strengthen our indirect Go-To-Market in your regions.
- Work directly with Product, Product Marketing, and Demand Generation to develop industry and customer-focused campaigns and events.
- Develop and regularly report new and expansion sales bookings forecasts based on visibility into direct and partner pipelines.
Beyond Your First 3 Months, You Will
- Form an effective, highly motivated, and productive sales organization that attracts inspires, and retains top talent focusing on Pryon culture and values.
- Earn the trust and collaborate with the Pryon leaders and peers to enhance mutual understanding and success for our teams and customers.
- Work with Pryon functional teams, including Marketing, Support, Services, and Engineering, to drive sales, support, and product development strategy for your region, industries, and key clients.
- Experiment, learn, and collaborate on the industry, sales, retention, and account strategies and experiences that will shape our business and build your legacy in the market.
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
- 10+ years of management experience within the technology industry in B2B direct sales, hands-on experience as an individual contributor in sales in addition to management would be helpful
- Strong analytical thinker with demonstrated command of metrics-driven sales models
- ML/AI understanding and fluency; Natural Language fundamentals as well as enterprise technology platform familiarity.
- Track record in building organizations and hiring and training diverse top talent with an inclusive culture
- Effective at building senior and executive relationships with key customer stakeholders
- Vertical Strategy experience and savviness in developing innovative enterprise technology use cases
- Proven record of driving and closing large, complex sales
- A compelling leader who can effectively coach individually and drive team motivation
- Strong career trajectory with a history of top new business performance in successive roles
- Ability to understand, articulate, and lead complex sales processes
- Superior cognitive skills
- Experience building and/or leveraging indirect/channel sales models
- Demonstration of the utmost professionalism and integrity with employees and customers
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.