Project Manager II, Build Operations
ICON is seeking a Project Manager to lead Design+Build construction projects that incorporate ICON’s proprietary technology to change how we build. Project Managers at ICON are responsible for delivering quality buildings that adhere closely to the design documents and scope of the project. Applicants should possess a comprehensive understanding of creating and managing schedules and budgets. You should have clearly demonstrable project management expertise across pre-construction and construction phases of complex residential projects from inception to delivery. This individual will work as a member of the Build Operations team and will liaise internally across all ICON teams, and externally with clients, architects, engineers, trade partners, community administrators, and inspectors. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, flexible and enthusiastic member of a dynamic team that is using technology and advanced materials to create dignified, resilient housing on Earth with an eye toward the moon and beyond. Are you a first principles thinker? If you believe the way architecture and construction is executed today is broken, and you want to push the boundaries of what is possible, ICON would like to talk to you.
- Initiate and respond to communication between Clients, Architects, Civil Engineers, ICON’s Purchasing Team,
- Superintendents, Consultants, and local municipalities.
- Work with Designers and the ICON Purchasing Team to develop complete specification packages that lead to accurate budgets across multiple building products.
- Develop well-thought-through and achievable pre-construction schedules and then compel events to occur according to your plan.
- Help develop detailed scopes of work for bidding and awarding work.
- Lead the contract award process to ensure no stone is left unturned within the project scope.
- Make certain clarity exists between ICON and our trade partners' contract terms around quality of work standards and schedule performance.
- Develop and own the project construction schedule and hold all project team members accountable for the performance of their tasks.
- Review all site and construction drawings for accuracy and appropriate coordination.
- Provide full coordination and deconfliction of site activities among all Trade Partners and Suppliers.
- Monitor project budget performance and take action in advance to prevent overages.
- Be the primary ICON point of contact for all activities related to the project work.
- Collaborate with the Print Operations team to efficiently deliver ICON’s 3D Printed building product.
- Regularly review trade partner work with your Construction Managers and require corrections when work does not meet ICON standards.
- Establish world-leading cycle times for residential construction.
- Manage, review, and report all project financial obligations, purchase orders and invoices.
- Utilize prescribed project management software and tools in accordance with ICON standard operating procedures.
- 5+ years of experience in construction project management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Desire to use diverse products and technologies to deliver unique designs.
- A list of high-value projects delivered successfully.
- Detail-oriented and an interest in sweating the small stuff.
- Ability to prioritize and stay cool in difficult and strenuous situations.
- Demonstrated proficiency using project management software tools
- Desire to build cool stuff with your friends.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Commercial and residential construction experience.
- A high level of practical construction knowledge.
- The ability to interact well with others in person, verbally, and in writing.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.