BIM Technologist II
ICON is seeking an MEP BIM Technologist II to join our Architecture and Building Performance department as part of an MEP team delivering mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems designs for light commercial and residential projects. The role will work closely with ICON’s Construction Architects and project Architect of Record to deliver electrical distribution designs across multiple projects. This role reports to the Director of Building Performance and Science. The role will also provide support in researching and evaluating technologies and systems to create high-performance and sustainable 3D-printed buildings.
- Develop the tools to automate the design and delivery of MEP systems within and beyond the Revit environment and into
ICON project delivery workflows.
- Support the documentation and design delivery for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing designs for light commercial and
residential projects across the US.
- Collaborate with the other Design Technologists to develop a MEP catalog of details that work within the existing workflow.
- Provide design and documentation support to the mechanical and electrical engineers.
- Support the preparation and maintenance of BIM models, including maintenance of referenced models, BIM file
management, and file transfer protocols, to allow simultaneous production by a large multi-person team without loss of
- Run BIM coordination meetings with other Design Technologists, Construction Architects, and engineers to resolve
- Research new software and technology trends to work with the MEP and architectural team delivery.
Coordinate with Construction Architects, Design Technologists, and MEP Project Manager to deliver MEP design
- Develop modeling protocols and scripts that allow for the export of Revit content to analysis and visualization software and
to other BIM software such as Rhino.
- Present technical material in traditional and innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences.
- Develop tools to enable quantity take offs for construction estimating.
- 5+ years of experience coordinating Building Information Models in the Architectural, Engineering and Construction industry
in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Superior interpersonal skills with clients and staff.
- Expertise with Revit MEP as demonstrated by sophisticated use of software beyond just modeling 3D content, such as
families, schedules, parameter management, view template management, viewports, file transfer protocols.
- Experience working with calculation capabilities of Revit MEP and interoperability between Revit and other software
programs used in MEP engineering.
- Professional Engineer License (Mechanical, P.E.) and ability to become licensed in Texas within 3 - 4 months.
- Professional Engineer License (Mechanical or Electrical, P.E.) and ability to become licensed in Texas within 3 - 4 months.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Integrated Project Delivery or Big Room experience.
- Experience working with Revit MEP plugins, “smart” schedules.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Architecture, Architectural Engineering or related discipline.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.