Senior Project Accountant I
ICON is looking for an experienced Senior Project Accountant to join the Accounting team. This individual will monitor the progress of projects and ensure that the projects have appropriate financial oversight and support our reporting activities. The right candidate will have a knack for juggling multiple tasks at a time and a passion for building processes from the foundation. This position will be based out of our Austin, TX office and will report to the Corporate Controller.
- Oversee and maintain our project expense reports; this includes but is not limited to reviewing and processing change orders, budget adjustments, and internal scope changes
- Monitor and record allocations for job costing of specific projects periodically
- Analyze project expenses and budget-to-actual reports with the construction project managers on a weekly basis
- Provide the percentage of completion information to aid in revenue recognition
- Perform the monthly invoicing, time and materials, and firm fixed-priced contracts, ensure billings are in accordance with the contract
- Maintain and reconcile to the company accounts receivable and project accounting system. Invoiced-to-date and remaining funds for all task orders within contracts
- Perform final review of invoices to ensure they are prepared in accordance with the contract to facilitate timely payment of invoices
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and perform ad hoc projects as necessary
- Support building the Company’s reporting and accounting processes as we grow and scale the business
- Prepare schedules and journal entries, calculate accruals, and perform other various account reconciliations
- Assist with the month-end close process, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting in accordance with GAAP
- Assist with annual financial statement audits; interact with outside auditors to support the year-end audit process
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or a related field from an accredited University
- An active or inactive CPA license
- 8+ years of experience in construction and/or project accounting
- Deep understanding of corporate finance and operational drivers such that this person can take the initiative to conduct additional analysis and offer insights unprompted
- Ability to work individually with minimal supervision
- A sense of ownership of tasks from beginning to end
- Ability to work within ERP systems and use budgeting software tools
- Robust knowledge of Excel: Pivot Tables, Lookups, macros, reports, etc.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.