ICON is seeking a Construction Manager to supervise and direct all phases of our construction projects around Austin, Texas and in other locations throughout the country. ICON Construction Managers are responsible for the full scope of field construction from mobilization to delivery of a finished project. Your job will be to conduct safe operations while ensuring the quality, schedule and budget objectives of our projects are met.
ICON is innovating the way homes and buildings are constructed. Forward thinking individuals will thrive in this role. Utilizing ICON’s proprietary technologies as well as traditional trades and the intersection of the two will be critical in successfully delivering projects in this capacity. Understanding, translating, and delivering on the design intent of projects at ICON is a crucial component of this role. This role will have the opportunity to work alongside internal partners like the Architectural, Technology and Business Development teams as well as external consultants. The trajectory of construction is changing and this dynamic role will supervise the delivery of that change. This role is based at our Austin, TX campus and will report to the VP of Construction.
- Supervise, coordinate, and direct all aspects of field construction for your projects.
- Manage concurrent construction of up to 20 single-family homes or other structures.
- Manage schedules for multiple projects in different stages of construction.
- Inspect workmanship and adherence to scopes of work through use of checklists and personal observation.
- Utilize ICON’s proprietary project management software to execute all facets of your daily construction activities.
- Approve trade partner work on a daily basis.
- Take responsibility for safety program implementation on your building sites.
- Ensure that all work is in compliance with project documents, permitting authority requirements, local and national building codes, and is in keeping with accepted industry standards.
- Maintain both electronic and on-site physical records.
- Initiate required changes in the scope of work, plans, and specifications for the projects you manage.
- Follow detailed operational processes around communication, scheduling, change management and project financial management.
- Approve all trade partner invoices with regard to work completeness and quality.
- Maintain a daily log of all activities on the job sites you manage.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager to ensure smooth buy-out of materials and labor and provide feedback regarding budgets and quality of trade partner work.
- Advise, as needed, on plans and specifications.
- Report to the Project Manager regarding all aspects of project performance, including schedules, budgets, and safety conditions of your projects.
- Schedule inspections with Trade Partners and work with inspectors to comply with local building codes.
- Obtain occupancy permits for all projects.
- Participate in Homeowner and Quality Assurance walks with the Project Team as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 5+ years of experience managing construction projects.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing a team of trade partners in the field.
- Demonstrated proficiency using project management software tools.
- Proven track record of delivering full scope construction projects.
- Ability to travel to projects around the State of Texas or in other locations in the United States.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Commercial and residential construction experience.
- A high level of practical construction knowledge.
- The ability to interact well with others in person, verbally, and in writing.
- A keen eye for detail.
- The ability to take extreme ownership of the tasks you’re assigned.
- A self-starter’s attitude - you don’t need to be told what to do next.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
Something looks off?