Engineering Fellow, Off-Planet Systems
ICON is looking to add a Engineering Fellow to join our Off-planet Systems team. The ideal candidate will drive the conception of and execution of the development of technologies that enable Lunar & Martian Civilization. This role will report to our Director of Off-Planet Systems and will be based at our Austin, TX campus.
- Assist with the ground demonstration of our novel lunar construction system.
- Contribute first-principles strategy to our technology roadmap
- Assist with proposal writing & business development
- Deep dive on evolutionary system definition & requirements.
- Design mechanisms for new flight systems and GSE
- Stand up career advancement and mentorship pipelines within the off-planet group.
- Assist with AS9100 certification.
- Contextualize technology development efforts within the backdrop of making our species multi-planetary.
- Leverage experience to elevate the group’s engineering practice broadly
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 15+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- Experience reviewing engineering drawings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate across multiple disciplines with internal and external customers.
- Computer proficiency
- Skill and ability to collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- M.S. or PhD
- Experience in CAD
- Experience various simulation software
- Past design experience in extreme thermal environments
- Past design experience in dust-tolerant design
- Familiarity with serial robotic arm operations and design constraints.
- Experience in formal systems engineering: requirements development, implementation, verification, system integration, qualification, and release.
- Experience in spacecraft systems design and qualifying hardware for spaceflight.
- Demonstrated experience with a full spacecraft mission life cycle, from conceptual design to spaceflight hardware delivery and operation.
- Experience coordinating and executing spacecraft or robotic systems tests in relevant space environments.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
Something looks off?