Director of Engineering, 3D Visualization
ICON is looking for an experienced hands on team leader with a proven track record delivering products in the 3D visualization space. As Director of 3D Visualization, you will be responsible for delivering architectural visualization applications targeted at ICON 3D printed structures. This role reports to the VP of the BuildOS team and is based in our Austin, TX office.
- Develop 3D visualization applications for ICON structures, including high-fidelity/cinematic quality applications targeted at home buyers.
- Work with the business to specify product strategy, roadmaps, and delivery.
- Lead the engineering team, including specifying technologies and practices, and planning projects.
- Implement new features and products to support our BuildOS platform.
- Design, develop, test and deploy reusable web-based 3D rendering components and libraries for use throughout a suite of applications within the BuildOS platform.
- Create tools to support BIM conversion to 3D visualizations.
- Work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders to rapidly analyze and reduce large requirements into small deliverables.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience.
- 5+ years experience leading a software team.
- BS in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Node.js and TypeScript experience.
- Experience building platforms, backend services, and APIs.
- Experience building 3D graphics applications on the web (e.g. WebGL).
- An ability to learn and develop skills.
- An ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both in-person and written.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong mathematical background in geometry, linear algebra, numerical analysis and advanced 3D mathematics.
- Experience with modern JS Libraries such as Three.js, Babylon.js or other browser based 3D rendering engines using WebGL.
- Working knowledge of 3D game engine development and building graphics pipelines.
- Experience in interactive software development with working knowledge of Unreal, Unity, or similar game engines.
- Experience implementing textures, shaders and materials.
- React, Redux, and RxJs experience.
- Experience with parametric modeling frameworks.
- Experience with 3D software packages such as Revit, Rhino, Maya, Sketchup, Solidworks, etc.
- DynamoDB, GraphQL experience.
- AWS Cloud development experience.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
Something looks off?