*This position is eligible to be hired virtually within the US or locally in Atlanta, GA
At Cypress.io, we're on a mission to make software testing delightful and effective and thus dramatically improve the efficiency and quality of modern software development. Today, Cypress provides better, faster, and more reliable testing for anything that runs in a browser. Hundreds of thousands of developers and QA professionals use Cypress to write better code faster and release with confidence.
Cypress is currently used in over 90 countries by hundreds of thousands of developers across more than 30,000 organizations. Cypress has over 3,500 customers in more than 74 countries across 65 industries and includes marquee names like Atlassian, Crunchbase, GitHub, PayPal, and Slack.
The company was founded in 2015 and has raised $55M in capital to date, including a $40M Series B financing in November 2020, led by OpenView Partners, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, and Stripes.co.
As an Account Executive at Cypress.io, you will leverage our organic growth channel to drive the conversion of high value inbound opportunities into customers and account expansion in existing customers. You will work cross functionally with members of the customer success and market development teams to bring value to our customers.
- Become knowledgeable of all of Cypress’ products and services.
- Prospect, qualify, develop, and drive the sales process from internal leads and qualified new prospects to closure through a consultative sales process.
- Create pricing proposals, negotiate terms and manage the relationship process.
- Build trust and mutual respect with technical customers and peers.
- Contribute quantitative and qualitative data to pricing & packaging discussions.
- Conduct compelling product demos as a part of the sales process.
- Collaborate with Customer Success Managers, Account based Marketing team, and Developer Experience to identify and close new revenue opportunities.
- Contribute to root cause analysis on wins/losses
- Leverage modern tools including Salesloft, Salesforce, Slack, Gmail, RevOps, MetaBase, Confluence
Required Skills and Requirements:
- 2-5 years of experience in full cycle sales
- Proven history of consistent goal achievement in a highly competitive environment (Top 10% performer)
- Energetic, upbeat, tenacious team player
- An empathetic approach to all interactions.
- Natural curiosity.
- A proven ability to identify and penetrate new vertical markets, showcasing a strong aptitude for territory expansion and a hunter mentality to drive revenue growth in untapped areas.
- Intrinsic Consultative Sales DNA.
- Passionate about what you do with the ability to think outside of the box - not beholden to a single playbook with the ability to create playbooks.
- Ability to work with partial information and good judgment on when to ask questions and when to run independently.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
- A keen eye for process optimization.
- World-class interpersonal and communication skills to make product and financial details sound simple.
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
- Experience selling developer-centric or SaaS tools to a technical and business audience
- Familiarity with the types of application testing and relevant tools
- Technical background with an understanding of how web applications are built and work.
- Experience working in a Product Led Growth environment
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, and are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
We are an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.