We’re on a mission to reinvent the way people buy, sell, and own cars. Are you game?
Clutch is Canada’s largest online used car retailer, delivering a seamless, hassle-free car buying and selling experience to drivers everywhere. Customers can browse hundreds of cars from the comfort of their home, get the right one delivered to their door, and enjoy peace of mind with our 10-Day Money-Back Guarantee… and that’s just the beginning.
Named two years in a row to the Globe & Mail’s list of the Top Growing Companies in Canada and also awarded spots on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™ lists, we’re looking to add curious, hard-working, and driven individuals to our growing team.
Headquartered in Toronto, Clutch was founded in 2017 and currently services Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. Clutch is backed by a number of world-class investors, including D1 Capital, Canaan, Real Ventures, BrandProject, and Upper90. To learn more, visit clutch.ca.
About the role:
Clutch is looking for an HR Generalist! You will be the inaugural member of our People Operations team! You are hungry to develop yourself as a well-rounded HR professional; you are passionate about employee experience; you have a high standard for your work with an eye for detail and best practices; you believe in data-driven HR decisions; and most of all, you want to be a good business partner.
In this position, you will have endless opportunities to learn about all core areas of HR, from talent management, compensation and benefits, training and development, HR compliance, workplace safety, to payroll administration. Beyond learning technical HR skills, at the right time, you will also have the opportunity to hone your leadership skills by growing and developing a high-performing People Operations team.
What you’ll do:
- Ownership of HRIS and benefits administration
- Owning, developing and iterating on policies and processes to ensure a best-in-class employee experience – you’ll act as a strong advisor of the policies and processes that keep Clutch running day to day
- Administer hourly and salary payroll with oversight and review from the Head of Finance
- Lead our semi-annual and annual review processes, using compensation data sets to help organization leaders benchmark and level roles within teams
- Lead the employee onboarding and offboarding experience
What we’re looking for:
- You’ve got 2+ years experience in people operations working in a fast-paced environment where you’ve always got multiple projects on the go
- Analytical thinker, you’re able to run reports and identify patterns through data
- An eye for detail, with finely tuned organizational skills
- You are a positive, process oriented, relationship developing machine. You love to make the lives of people easier!
It’d be great if you have:
- You have experience administering payroll
Why you’ll love it at Clutch:
- Autonomy & ownership -- create your own path, and own your work
- Competitive compensation and equity incentives!
- Generous time off program
- Health & dental benefits
Something looks off?