Quality Assurance Analyst
Can I Recycle This
CAREERS AT CIRT
Quality Assurance Analyst
Quality Assurance Analyst Job Description:
The QA Analyst is responsible for the quality and accuracy of information presented by CIRT through their database and as well as the quality and functionality of CIRT’s web-based infrastructure. This person works in concert with the database and development teams at CIRT to ensure that public-facing data and products are accurate and functional. In this role the QA Analyst regularly interfaces with the Recycling Information and Database Manager and the Development Team Lead.
CIRT Database Maintenance (50%)
This role is responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the CIRT database. This includes:
- Conducting independent research on the accepted materials in areas mapped in the CIRT database
- Managing the regular distribution of surveys to Materials Recovery Facilities (MRFs) and local governments to collect accepted materials lists
- Entering data updates into the CIRT database using company tools and workflows
CIRT Software Quality Assurance Analysis (50%)
In their role as QA Analyst, this person’s responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing testing plans and procedures for current and upcoming software projects
- Communicating defects and errors to the development team
- Applying final sign off on the quality of a product - ensuring it meets the stated project requirements and end-user expectations
- Identify areas of improvement in the existing Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) to reduce the frequency of defects
- Attend and participate in development team standing and retrospective meetings
- Eligible to legally work in the U.S.
- Willingness to learn and implement CIRT’s workflows and processes
- Attention to detail and logical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with automated testing of software
- Experience with programming
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
CIRT is an employee-first business that prioritizes sustainability and wellness.
- We offer flexible work schedules for employees so that they can balance the demands of their mental/emotional wellbeing, other commitments, family, friends, and fitness.
- Every CIRT employee is eligible for $1,000 and three days of PTO for medical reasons. This reimbursement and PTO will be provided on a no-questions-asked basis in order to protect employee privacy.
- All of our employees work from home offices, and we have meetings either over Google Meet, Slack, or in-person at the Delta Innovation Hub at University of Georgia. We encourage employees to practice sustainable purchasing and responsible resource management at home, and to bike, rideshare, or walk to in-person meetings.
- We pay every employee for up to 10 hours of approved community service each year, and host community service work days so that employees have many opportunities to give back to their community.
- For full-time employees we offer a progressive parental leave policy of 8 weeks for primary caregivers and 4 weeks for secondary caregivers, two weeks paid vacation per year, and five days of sick leave, all of which are eligible for rollover.
Decision Making Authority
The QA Analyst has the authority to do the following without receiving confirmation from the executive team:
- Select articles to cover in blog posts
- Select recycling areas to update in the database
- Update recycling areas in the CIRT database
- Research accepted materials in existing recycling areas
- Correspond with MRF/recycling industry and government officials
- Spend company money and seek reimbursement for purchases
- Create internal workflows and employee processes
The QA Analyst does not have the authority to do the following without receiving confirmation from the executive team:
- Post articles or blogs to the CIRT website or social media accounts
- Answer questions from MRF/recycling industry and government officials about CIRT’s proprietary data management process
- Make hiring decisions
- Expose CIRT’s data to external agencies or individuals
- Discuss client work with external agencies or individuals
- Alter the legal arrangements made between CIRT and its clients and employees