Business Applications Manager (Remote)
Stord’s mission is to make supply chains a competitive advantage with best-in-class port-to-porch logistics combined with the integrated technology that brands need to connect, orchestrate, and optimize their supply chains. We’ve pioneered Cloud Supply Chain, which combines all of the digital and physical elements of logistics that leading businesses need in a unified offering.
With Cloud Supply Chain, Stord is enabling companies to compete and grow with world-class logistics – including warehousing, freight and fulfillment – in a single, integrated platform that’s available exactly when and where they need it. Hundreds of B2B and B2C companies like Body Armor, Advanced AutoParts and Dollar General use Stord to make their supply chains perform with the speed, flexibility and ease of the cloud.
Our rapidly growing team is headquartered in the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant tech community and is led by former operators from Amazon, XPO, Ryder, Coyote, Convoy, and Manhattan Associates. Stord is backed by over $325M in funding from Kleiner Perkins, BOND, Founders Fund, D1 Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Susa Ventures, Lux Capital, Lineage Logistics, and Franklin Templeton Investments at a unicorn valuation of over $1.3 billion.
Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with Cloud Supply Chain.
About the Business Applications Manager Position:
The Business Applications Manager will be responsible for the management of Stord’s business applications and enabling business transformation through technology. As a Business Applications Manager, you will be maintaining and improving Stord’s internal tech stack with purview over a portfolio of approximately 30 applications. This includes driving the design and implementation of technology based solutions, process improvements, and automation across every function within the organization. The Business Applications Manager resides within the Business Operations team at Stord.
What You'll Do:
- Drive continuous improvement within Stord’s business systems embodying a player/coach mentality. Stord’s core systems include Salesforce, Netsuite, Zendesk and Coupa, while also including critical peripheral systems including DealHub, Hubspot, Rippling, CaptivateIQ, Zoom, ClickUp, 6sense, Revenova, SmartSheet, Green Mountain, Zapier and Groove to name a few.
- Work with various subject matter experts on the day to day business problems they are experiencing and build technology-based solutions to solve them, this includes both production requests to troubleshoot day to day bugs and ongoing large projects.
- Manage the service delivery process from request to delivery for core applications and peripheral systems, focused on prioritizing maximum value for effort.
- Work closely with Stord’s Enterprise Architect to ensure the Stord systems roadmap is implemented with high velocity and maximum bang for buck.
- Manage a team of functional and technical systems resources, including full time employees and offshore contractors
- Implement / improve a planning, development, documentation and project management framework for the Business Operations team that balances recognized best practices with Stord’s core values.
- Develop a cadence for keeping the Business Operations teams’ core stakeholders educated on the team’s important contributions to the business, translating technical jargon into clear business value.
What You'll Bring:
- You are comfortable getting your hands dirty within Stord’s systems (core systems being Salesforce, Netsuite, Coupa and Zendesk with a host of supporting applications) while simultaneously being able to confidently communicate the transformative business value of your efforts to a non-technical audience.
- You are passionate about minimizing the accumulation of technical debt; your solutions are elegant in their design, steer clear of single point of failure risk, and are engineered to be both flexible and long lasting.
- You understand that you are a fiduciary for a major cost center at Stord. Simply keeping the lights on is insufficient; you drive continuous improvement within the tech stack by prioritizing projects and requests that drive high return on investment and you are capable of raising concerns around requests that appear low value.
- You are adept at navigating stakeholders away from upfront solutioning to use case development within the framework of the organization's strategic goals.
- You have the ability to manage project schedules, identify possible issues and clearly communicate them to program stakeholders while keeping up a high velocity in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a zeal for learning new systems; it would be unrealistic to assume that you are familiar with all of Stord’s systems, but you will want to come in and familiarize yourself with as many as you can in short order.
- You have broad experience in various implementation methodologies, software development methodologies, project management, and understand that the right approach is not a one size fits all proposition; tailoring a planning, development and project management framework depends as much on recognized best practices as it does a company’s priorities and culture.
- You have a passion for developing technical team members through continuous education, coaching, and empathetic feedback.
- 5+ years of experience administering systems and integrations at enterprise scale. Particular familiarity within Stord’s core systems (Salesforce, Netsuite, Zendesk and Coupa) will elevate a candidate.
- Experience working within a technology driven Supply Chain company.
- Experience working both within a fast paced startup environment and within larger enterprise scale companies.
- MBA and/or consulting experience preferred.
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The Stord company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At Stord you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups: Women of Stord, JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion), Stord-Serves, & More
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Stord participates in E-verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.