Accounts Payable Associate
Inclusively is partnering with a builder and operator of electronic marketplaces to hire an Accounts Payable Associate. **Please note: this role is NOT an internal position with Inclusively but with our partner company.**
Inclusively is a digital tech platform that connects candidates with disabilities, who may benefit from workplace accommodations, to inclusive employers. This includes all disabilities under the ADA, including mental health conditions (e.g. anxiety, depression, PTSD), chronic illnesses (e.g. diabetes, Long COVID), and neurodivergence (e.g. autism, ADHD). Applicants with one or more of these conditions are encouraged to apply; Inclusively does not require applicants to disclose their specific disability.
What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, this role will be responsible for vendor invoice processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles and verifies entries by comparing system reports to outstanding balances.
- Codes payments to jobs or account numbers and cost centers by analyzing the invoice/expense reports and records the entries.
- Adhere to internal finance policies.
- Invoice processing/PO matching.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by scanning and filing documents.
- Reports sales and use taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Participate in the Company’s Performance Management Process, including self-evaluation, establishing goals and offering 360 feedback upon request.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, entry level (internship is favorable) to a maximum of 2 years of related work experience. In lieu of degree, a minimum of 2 years of functional experience working in an AP group.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication/client service skills
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and changing work environment and work in cross-functional teams
- Excellent professional judgment, and decision-making ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to multitask while maintaining a calm and composed demeanor
- Knowledge of general accounting principles/procedures confidentiality
Who you are:
You're open: We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are accepting: of new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You're optimistic: We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with conviction: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You're extraordinary: We are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we provide extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you:
Passionate, inspired people – We promote a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity – We offer the opportunity to create, influence and complete projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work – Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?