Senior Frontend Engineer I
ICON is looking for a Frontend Software Engineer to join the BuildAI team. BuildAI is ICON’s AI-powered software platform for housing design. We're on the cusp of a revolution in architecture. Generative AI and digital design together will radically improve the home construction process. ICON has a unique opportunity to lead this change and further its vision to make affordable, dignified and beautiful architecture available to everyone.
As a Frontend Software Engineer at ICON you’ll build out the next generation of digital design tools, helping combine the creativity of generative AI models, the precision of ICON’s digital design tools and the flexibility of 3D printing. If successful your work will help millions of people design and build their dream homes.
ICON is looking for an open-minded, structured thinker who loves to solve complex problems and appreciates the value of prototyping and iterating applications over time. You will be responsible for developing visualization and planning tools to power the residential design and construction process. This role reports to the Director of AI and is based in our Austin, TX lab.
- Implement new front end features for our BuildAI platform.
- Design, develop, test and deploy reusable web-based components and libraries for use throughout a suite of applications within the BuildAI platform.
- Work with UX designers to enhance the Design System and implement new workflows for the BuildAI platform.
- Work with application and backend engineers to manage relationships between authored model data, backend data and rendering.
- 4+ years of experience.
- BS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience developing web-based front end applications.
- Node.js and TypeScript experience.
- Work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders to rapidly analyze and reduce large requirements into small deliverables.
- An ability to learn and develop skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- React, Redux, and RxJs experience.
- Flutter, React Native, or Android experience.
- PostgreSQL, GraphQL experience.
- Experience working with REST APIs.
- Modern CI/CD workflows: GitHub, Jenkins, Travis, etc.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
Something looks off?