Senior Machine Learning Engineer (Chat Agent)
United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Who are we?
Are you interested in defining how Generative AI will shape the future of work?
We are a Silicon Valley Series C startup, spun out of the Stanford AI lab and are co-founded by Sebastian Thrun, co-founder and CEO of Google-X, Waymo, Udacity, Kitty Hawk, and more. Cresta launched in 2020. Since then, we’ve grown revenue and our team by 300% and became officially a Unicorn. We’ve assembled a world-class team of AI and ML experts, go-to-market leaders, top-tier investors, and advisors including Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global, and former AT&T CEO John Donovan. Our valued customers include brands like Intuit, Porsche, Holiday Inn, and Dropbox and we have been recognized as a startup to watch by Business Insider, Forbes, and Gartner to name a few.
We are growing our machine learning team in North America. Join us to develop great products in an exceptional strong team.
Cresta is on a mission to make every knowledge worker 100x as effective, 10x faster, and 10x better. We apply AI to improve Call Center operations using our patented real-time coaching platform. We provide dynamic, live guidance to every agent based on the best practices of the top performers.
As an ML software engineer, you will join the a team full of talented experts in frontend, backend, and ML/NLP. We have an in-house product for call analysis, building, evaluating, and deploying conversational AI models, and have labelers and analysts available. We work on a variety of ML problems, including but not limited to text generation, classification, summarization, etc. Our team leverages the latest in cutting edge LLM and GPT technologies to enable a truly market differentiated product suite.
You will join a collaborative but highly autonomous working environment in which each member has a defined role with clear expectations, as well as the freedom to pursue individual projects.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, and other cross-functional team members to understand, define, and detail product requirements, ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Design, prototype, and validate ML/NLP models to solve challenging cutting-edge problems, using state-of-the-art techniques (including LLM and ChatGPT!) and best practices.
- Work with our production teams to build and deploy scalable, high-performing, and reliable ML/NLP pipelines and systems that operate 24x7.
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of our ML productivity, by identifying and leveraging opportunities for automation, data improvements, code optimization, and process enhancements.
- Help shape the direction of machine learning and artificial intelligence at Cresta.
What we look for:
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development, with a strong focus on machine learning and natural language processing.
- Proven hands-on experience in developing, deploying, and maintaining ML/NLP models and pipelines.
- Expertise in programming languages such as Python, Go and ML/NLP libraries such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, Transformers.
- Solid understanding of software development principles, data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Experience with LLMs.
- Experience with model optimization.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills.
Compensation for this position includes a base salary, variable (OKR), equity, and a variety of benefits. The U.S. base salary range for this role is $160,000 - $230,000. Actual base salaries will be based on candidate-specific factors, including experience, skillset, and location, and local minimum pay requirements as applicable. We are actively hiring for this role in Canada, and offer competitive local pay and benefits. Your recruiter can provide further details.
If you want to make an impact with an amazing product, want to improve your tech skills by working with other exceptional engineers, and like to be part of an amazing international team, then you should join us. We pay an attractive salary and with the Cresta stock options, you can benefit from the company's growth.